Railroad Line Forums - sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 112 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives
Page: of 10

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/16/2019 :  9:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i spent today in the hospital with my new kidney stone. holy cow, that is some pain like i've never experienced.
after 6.5 hours i was finally able to give them a urine sample and take my prescriptions and go home.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  7:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i passed it this morning, woohoo!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/18/2019 :  10:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin,
Your building is coming along nicely. I hope you are on the mend now. Kidney stones are no fun.

Rich

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/19/2019 :  1:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it was the worst pain i've ever experienced. fortunately they gave me some pretty decent drugs.

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/19/2019 :  1:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
worst pain i've ever experienced

Agreed, been thru that several times too!

If you'd like a remedy I've used, email me....

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  07:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here's the front wall of the tar paper shed, preweathered and before the latch was installed. the tar paper and batten walls are completed and it will be glued together tonight.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  09:17:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice progress, great weathered structure look. kidney stones do we know about!

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  09:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I really like that tilt-out window.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  11:09:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks louis. if i didn't have to give the stone to a urologist i would have tried to incorporate it into the diorama.
slim, sierra west kits are the best! if you haven't tried one you really should give one a try.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  1:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice textures in the wood; the window is a nice touch.

Mike

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  3:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks mike. texturing the wood is one of my favorite parts of a sierra west build.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/23/2019 :  5:22:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i thought i'd explain how i got the coloring in the boards for the front wall of the tarpaper shed.
first i grained the wood with 3 different wire brushes; a file card, a plumber's brush and a regular steel wire brush.
then i hit them with silverwood stain from builders in scale.
when that dried, i added knot holes and saw banding, then hit it with silverwood again.
to my eye, that was too blue, so i dry brushed two different gray powders, and then scraped some raw umber chalk on them (very little) and washed that in with alcohol.
i like the way it turned out.

Edited by - kebmo on 04/23/2019 5:24:54 PM

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/23/2019 :  7:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
structures are built and staged for a photo op. next up is the coloring of the stone walls, something i've been anxiously waiting to get to.
i've never colored resin stone walls before. it's exciting....!

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/27/2019 :  12:31:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
an update:
the stone walls have been epoxied and the epoxy has cured for three days. i applied plaster on the corners to fill the gaps and i mixed the 5 washed required to color the walls. i'm going to let the plaster cure for a few hours, pick out the plaster in the mortar lines, get rid of as much of the plaster as i can from the stone surfaces, then paint the walls with kilz out of a rattle can and when that's dry i can finally start applying the washes. i can't wait to see how the walls turn out.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/29/2019 :  08:47:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
one wall completed:

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000