Railroad Line Forums - sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 sierra west scale models railroad camp-O scale
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives
Page: of 10

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  10:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice and natural.

Who is your source for figures? ( You probably mentioned it, but I was

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  11:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Guff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kevin,
Both builds (the structure and the garden) are impressive.
NICE!!

David Guffey

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 07/31/2019 :  11:50:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gregg,
yes, the roofs will get further weathering and chimneys. thanks.
carl,
i've been getting figures from narrow gauge modeling company, and they're o scale.
guff, thank you.

the only mystery in life is...why did the kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  08:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
made some more headway on the kit scenery. i would say i'm about 90% finished with it. frankly i'll be happy to finish it up so i can clear off the workbench. it's a disaster area that hasn't been cleaned off since i started on o'niell's a couple of years ago. anyway..here goes.

i have a couple of lp's coming that will be building this storage shed. its just sitting there for now. when the lps get here the scene will be "embedded" in the dirt.

working around the back....

the fence is not glued in at this point.

i scratch built a pipe rack for the rear of the warehouse.

the dock awning is just sitting on the roof for now (to get it out of the way). i still have some work to do on this end, and when it's finished my friend's wife will take pics of this finished dio and my finished o'neill's.

thoughts and prayers??

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  09:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My thought for now is that the fencing, details and new scenery add a lot to the scene. They complement all your hard work building the structures.

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 08/26/2019 10:44:32 AM

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  09:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done Kevin!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  09:45:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work Kevin. Everything looks great.

Rich

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  5:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mike: thanks.
carl: thanks.
rich: thanks.
i hope to finish this up over the upcoming 5 day weekend (i took 2 vacation days).
i can't finish it until the lps show up though. they should have been here last week....

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  7:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin just a great job on this diorama.

The LP your waiting for most likely got killed by kamikaze pilots who were lost!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 08/26/2019 :  7:16:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks jerry.
i just got an email from narrow gauge modeling company. he shipped the lps saturday, so i'll probably get them tomorrow. hopefully i'll be able to finish this thing over the weekend.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  5:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
lps came today. the guy sawing the board lost his head, a foot and an arm. i hope i can out him back together.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  10:09:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i need some advise please....
the figure is broken in a few places: head, the saw, and a foot. what is the best glue for mending him? i really wanna finish the dio over the next few days and i need him in order to finish up. the figure is made of a resin, not the pewter i'm familiar with.
thanks in advance....

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 08/27/2019 :  10:24:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
For resin I use acc.

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 09/03/2019 :  08:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here's a shot of the finished warehouse driveway.

Page: of 10 Previous Topic: DRIFTWOOD yes that banefull word can be used again Topic Next Topic: Rail Scale Miniatures Whispering Falls arrives  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000