Railroad Line Forums - Friday the 15th Morning Lounge is OPEN
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 67 ]  [ Total: 71 ]  [ Newest Member: John Prizzi ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday the 15th Morning Lounge is OPEN
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday the 14th  

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  07:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good cool Morning RR-L Crew. Well we had one warm spring type day and old man winter doesn't want to leave. At least we dodged the Bomb Cyclone that did hit the southern part of Indiana some.

Breakfast will be quick this morning with just a slice of toast and coffee. Want more? the Larder is full as is the Fridge. Figure it out fellas.

Mary and I will be heading out shortly for our monthly grocery shopping. I'll drop Mary off at Meijer and then head down to UPS to ship the last 4 large boxes of kit materials down to Steve at Rail-Scale-Models in NC. That's freeing up lots of space here.

I'll post a photo of the new O scale kit I'll be coming out with soon. Terry has pretty much finished up the kit and working on a diorama for it.

Still fighting computer issues in switching back to my older workstation for the time being. Can't prove it but it seems that Corel has the ability to totally delete their products from one's computer. I've been working with Corel Draw X8 for some time and kept getting a pop-up screen trying to get me to move to their cloud based service for a "monthly fee" of course. Yesterday went to use it and it was totally deleted from my computer???? I didn't do it so how did that happen? Also an older version still on the computer now says "this might be illegal software." when it was a legal purchased copy in the their distribution DVD container. Makes one wonder just how deep they can get into your stuff.

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the COOLING Train Yard.
Walt

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  08:11:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Walt we missed all the rain that the weather gods predicted it's 48 and calm here in the Mid Ohio Valley. Maybe with all your troubles the gods are telling you to retire LOL. I have to put up fencing and install a new gate around my square foot garden then bike ride today. I might get in some bench time today.

Mark

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  08:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Walt and the incoming crew. Thanks for the coffee, that's all I need this morning.

Yes the weather sure did the old switcheroo on us overnight. 72 yesterday, 29 windchill this morning.

Walt, the software companies yank the end users around pretty good. Adobe started the subscription thing quite a while ago. My whole Adobe suite magically became brain dead, then the support phone number rings but never gets answered. Office '365' is another example. I had Office 2016 installed, and '365' shows up as an update, but it has been a mess since it came out. So, the switch to Linux has been an ongoing process here.

We had some serious winds here overnight, Donna just noticed the 4' concrete Angel planter in the flower garden has fallen over from the saturated ground and the 60+ mph winds. I'm heading out to assess any damage.

Have a Super day!

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  08:40:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy in SE NH, chance of rain, high predicted to be 60 today. We still have lots of snow on the yard, though.

There are some very interesting legal issues with vendors who delete stuff from your machines. I strongly suspect (IANAL) that would violate 'first sale' commerce rules.

I'll have to get some virtualization software for my Mac to run the current version of Mac OS X when the next version comes around. That version will break all the 32 bit apps I have, and it's cheaper to buy and install an old version of Mac OS X than to buy Adobe or Microsoft (Office) cloud versions.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  08:45:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Walt and crew. We're in the 60's with rain in the forecast. Tidewater Virginia has been missing all the weather excitement.

I've been fighting a cold and I'm getting cabin fever so I gotta get out of the house, even if it means a trip to Costco. I'll be timing it so I can wander among the food sample tables.

Have a good day.
George

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  08:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think something super natural may be happening. Perhaps the spirits of Pi from yesterday haven't yet left the building and the Ides of March are wanting to get in. Spiritual conflictions. Yesterday my layout room went dark. My wife was ironing two stories away and on a different circuit. Both circuit breakers popped. Did a reset on both to see if it would repeat. Nope. Straaange......
Mark

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  09:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep the supernatural happened in So. Wisconsin this week too. My deck outside my office had 3í of snow on Sunday, itís gone now! Just kidding MarkB, nice seeing you here.

Went from 61 at 3 yesterday to 38 at 4. The winds though, lots of bent over trees and per the SIL he went ATVing yesterday and some of the trails are blocked. He said the chainsaw will get a workout this weekend. Glad itís him and not me.

On a side note both of us are holding strong we are not moving to Texas. The girls still want to move even though they agree itís too hot during the summer. The wife, daughter, my sister, the niece, my brothers g/f, and the 7 year old granddaughter leave Sunday to meet up in Austin. I still canít fly and the sonís place isnít big enough for anymore folks. Space wise itís fine, mentally heíll have no where to hide. He will be crazy after the week is done. Enjoy your day.

TomO

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  12:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tom O-
If the house gets too quiet next week, take a ride north about 150 miles. I need a Grand Shaman of some sort to exorcise the spirits that have moved in during the winter......
Mark B

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  3:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cloudy, cold and damp today. Yesterday we had a flirtation with Spring going on Summer, the temp hit 60 or so but also brought in a spell of hail while I was in the hobby store in Grand Rapids and some time later a pair of tornadoes that did a lot of damage near Durand, ENE of us. Todayís cold is typical post tornado weather from my experience in the transitional season weíre in. Not sure of the bombastic cyclone thing, tho.

Was out to the sporting goods store for some ammo and a pair of jeans. Plan to do more target shooting this year as time and things permit. Right after I arrived home the postal babe brought me a new toy train for my collection of out of era for my layout locomotives.

We just watched theSPARTANS defeat ohio in the Big 10 tourney, will watch some of the Wisc-Neb game and see which prevails, cheese or corn. The Doll has us going to some dopey movie with grand kids tonight.

I found some delaminated plywood, furniture parts, out in the yard where theyíd layed in the snow all winter. It has a nice patina on it and I will think about drying it out and cutting it into strips for siding for scratch building.

Everyone have a good day. Mid afternoon here already, seems like the day is in afterburner.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  4:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The day started kinda dreary, but finished nicely, with sun and temps in the low 60s.

I bought a rolling cart from Target, took it home to discover it was missing some parts. So I swapped it for another one, opened that in the truck before I left. Missing the same parts. I tried a third box in the store itself. No luck. And 'brick and mortar' stores wonder why they get beat by on-line services...

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 03/15/2019 :  4:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

The day started kinda dreary, but finished nicely, with sun and temps in the low 60s.

I bought a rolling cart from Target, took it home to discover it was missing some parts. So I swapped it for another one, opened that in the truck before I left. Missing the same parts. I tried a third box in the store itself. No luck. And 'brick and mortar' stores wonder why they get beat by on-line services...

dave

Dave, you would add in some delay in shipping the same boxes back and waiting for next bad box. This way, you can get aggravated almost instantly. 

Jim

Previous Topic: Saturday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Thursday the 14th  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.44 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000