Railroad Line Forums - PC G47 Gondola Build
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: DanielR ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Rolling Stock: the Car Shops
 PC G47 Gondola Build
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Young modelers freight car builds Topic Next Topic: Walthers Passenger Cars?  

dti406
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  2:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last Spring I started on building a Rail Yard Models kit of a Magor-Freuhauf G47 Gondola for the PC.

As I was going to move I knew I would not have it finished before a hiatus in the build process, so I am going to show you the progress from that time period.

Here are the kit contents, most the work involves that brass piece with all the detail
parts.

IMG]https://beta-static.photobucket.com/images/xx292/dti406/In%20Progress/P1010005_3_zps7yofzybd.jpg

Later in April I have attached all the air lines that connect the ABD Valve, Retaining Valve, Air Reservoir and Brake Cylinder.

It is now in May and I have completed the Brake Rodding, Levers, Slack Adjuster and Rod Guides.

Here we are in June, and I just finished bending that ladder assembly with 5 different bends and attaching to the end of the gondola, it was at this point I did not want to deal with bending the second ladder assembly. I also started the moving process and cleaning up the modeling area prior to selling my house.

Here I have added the pulling eyes, grabs, brake assembly and brake platform, it is now February after I have unpacked boxes of trains and other stuff and set up my workbench.

The finished car, with the detail from the 10th level of hell installed, all the tie down rings added on the top chord of all the sides.

Will be off for painting as soon as I get my spray booth set up in the painting area.

Rick Jesionowski

man7sell
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  12:33:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice details

Capt. Paul Mansell
https://crookedmileriver.blogspot.com/2018/11/crooked-mile-river-logging-on30-scale.html

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/21/2019 :  1:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nice, sorry I missed this when you first posted.

dti406
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  08:34:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After moving etc., I finally got my paint booth set up so I could finish the car.

Car was painted with Floquil PC Green Paint and lettered with the Kit Supplied decals.

The PC ordered 1,000 of these cars from Freuhauf-Magor and some were delivered with Wood Floors and some with Steel Floors, this car is the Steel Floor version
mostly used is scrap hauling and general service. I have another one of these to build, the Wood Floor versions which was mainly used in hauling steel coils.

Rick Jesionowski

FrankieJ
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/22/2019 :  4:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice job on that car. Too bad Rail Yard Models went out of business.

Previous Topic: Young modelers freight car builds Topic Next Topic: Walthers Passenger Cars?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000