Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 118 ]  [ Newest Member: JohnA ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Are Guests,  Members ? Topic Next Topic: Tuesday Lounge  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  07:35:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from very nicely whiten So. Wisconsin where we got at least 10” by 3 yesterday and more overnight. Not bad compared to Guff’s former home area in North Central Wi, Wausau, that got at least 14” and was still snowing heavy at 10 last night. You know that’s true because the internet like the newspapers are always correct. Maybe MarkB can let us know what really happened up there?

The Ashpit Blend is hot and ready, the water is hot for Walt and others teas or hot cereals. We have fresh donuts, fresh bread, fresh fruit, I found the smoothie machine and I lined the K-cups next to their machine. There are eggs of any style with American potatoes, Canadian back and New Jersey’s Taylor ham, bonapetite or enjoy because I can spell that.

More snow work today, too dark to see how much covered the front drive and walk paths. Not sure what today weather wise is or what my day is. Fitness center for sure. Enjoy whatever today gives you.

TomO

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  07:49:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GOOD morning Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 21 deg. here right now with a bit of white moisture on the ground. Don't bother me as i have no plans to leave the house today.... Best laid plans of mice and men!

English Muffin and tea, then Voortman and Coffee later. Trying to finish up the new O scale Backwoods kit today so I can pack one off and send it out to be "proof built". Would like to get this released in a few weeks if possible.

Mainly things are quiet, no more doctor visits until next Tuesday. Trip to the Ortho surgeon to see about the "Trigger Finger" in my right hand. Also seems I now have Raynaud's Disease in my hands. As they say, "Getting old isn't for the weak." One thing I feel I've neglected is drinking enough water. Dehydration can lead to a lot of issues. I also need to work on fortifying my immune system. Both the MGUS and Prednizone tend to deplete the immune system.

Well, Chris comes down tomorrow night so it'll be a real busy weekend. Hope this new big computer is worth all the effort he's putting into it.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day at the Train Yard.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  07:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Tom and Walt thanks for breakfast It is 32 and windy here in SE Ohio running errands and dinner later with friends maybe some track work later. tried to solder yesterday to no avail hands not steady enough!!

Mark

It's a great life if you don't weaken

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, Crew, and thanks for opening up on this cold morning, Tom. It's 25° and windy here in my part of NE Ohio with some more snow flurries on the way. I still haven't been to the LHS to get CA glue because of various aches, pains, and cats that need to go to the vet. Yesterday we took Lily for her booster shots and today Grover will go in to be neutered. I'm sure he'll like that. Have a great one, everybody!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow still falling after 3-4 overnight. The wind is starting to pick up and was forecast to last the rest of the day. I’ve been out and cleaned off the Doll’s tank and started mine. She’ll be off to work in a moment and Ihave to pick up an Rx, a Valentine’s Day Card and a red heart full of candy. Traditional here.

Later? We’ll see.

Everyone stay warm, dry and safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning to all other fellow "Winter Weather Warriors". Our snow total as of 10PM was 15.7 inches and another 1 or 2 was expected as the storm wound down and exited our area during the evening. Local TV stations are saying we had 17 total.The sun is out this morning. I didn't blow any snow yesterday figuring why do it twice. So this morning I have my work cut out for me. I'll get the tractor warmed up, turn on the blower and send it all onto the lawn or into the woods. I'll check out a couple of neighbors that may need snow removal also. 1 couple brings cookies but she works in the flower dept at a local big box so "surplus" or non-premium plants she gets to take home for free and a lot of those come to our house. The other lady is recently widowed so everyone sort of looks out for her, and 1 other guy has 2 knee replacements, both going bad, so I do his also. He brings me bottles of distilled adult beverages. In the summer he stops on over and we consume some of those, sit in the sun, and talk about how bad the winter was. So breakfast here is Nueske's thick sliced Applewood pepper-bacon, French toast to use up a bit of the extra bread, genuine Wisconsin Maple Syrup made by my cousin about 25 miles east of here, choice of OJ,V-8,or tomato juice. Then it's out the door. Schools are mostly open again and normalcy seems to be returning to this neck of the woods. To all those using snow blowers and such, please be careful. They can bite. Those of you who shovel please take it easy and pace your self. Remember the snow gods put it there and if you wait long enough they'll take it back for use next time around.

Then it's off to BestBuy for a new printer I ordered, as mine failed yesterday. They require a printed receipt for pick up. My printer failed so no receipt, just ID and confirmation number. They also have my money so we'll see how they behave without the printed receipt..

Well better get moving and get something done.

Mark B.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We got a lot of rain on top of some snow in SE NH. it was miserable, the snowblower would jam from all that slush. I'd rather have 2' than this crap. Last night I started assembling my workers housing, more work on that today. Then geology lab and another meeting/talk to attend tonight. Wife's group invited the local county extension office to talk, and that's kinda interesting.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  12:23:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from Florida. We finally have a cloudy, cooler day after being spoiled for the past 10 days. So, a little rain and temps are in the mid-60's.

We are heading out for some lunch and then back for some reading and computer work.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Previous Topic: Are Guests,  Members ? Topic Next Topic: Tuesday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000