Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 115 ]  [ Total: 119 ]  [ Newest Member: C430 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  08:41:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from So. Wisconsin. The snow came down as predicted and it looks like at least 6” and they say maybe 3 more by noon.

The coffee urn is showing ready. The flavor is Steam Rotary blower blend with the K-cup machine and the cups lined up for it. Waffles and pork sausage patties, strips of thick cut bacon, the Maple syrup is from Northern Wisconsin, the diabetic syrup is from some factory. Some donuts, fresh fruit, the cereals are in the pantry and the water is hot for Walt’s stuff this morning or for tea.

A cave day and some work in the train room. Enjoy your day.

TomO

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  08:56:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening Tom sounds like a new blend of Java for the hearty coffee drinkers to try !! breakfast sounds tasty as well it's 50 and a slight breeze here in SE Ohio more rain and gusty wind to come will it ever cease. train room time today for me don't know what is in store .

Have a good day
Mark

It's a great life if you don't weaken

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  08:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. A warm 42 deg. here in the Crossroads with wet roads outside.

Well, I had tea and an English Muffin for breakfast. Voortman and coffee later. Can't brake tradition.

Today is shipping day. Lots to do there.

Son, Chris, picked me up a HP DL1080 G6 (used) from the college he works at.This is a rack mount high end unit and can hold up to 192GB of RAM plus 7 hard drives. Going to put in a SSD drive for Drive C. Should help make doing the 3D CAD work a bit easier. Also putting in a high end video board. Getting JAZZED up in my OLD AGE. He'll bring it down Thursday and we'll work to get it up and going.

Well, time to go to work. Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the warm Train Yard but don't go wearing SHORTS not that warm out yet.

Walt

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 02/12/2019 09:01:27 AM

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  09:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, Crew, and thanks for opening, Tom. It sounds like you're going to be moving a lot of snow when it finally stops. Here in NE Ohio, it's a few degrees above freezing and raining, but the day will become milder, I hope. Just coffee for me right now. I have to go out soon and get my wife a mushy, tearjerker Valentine's card soon, the kind that she likes. If I don't, I'll never hear the end of it. Later on, I'll head over to the LHS to pick up a bottle of CA glue and spray accelerator so that I can get back to attaching detail parts on my rolling stock that have broken off over the years. Have a great day, everyone!

Edited by - slimrails on 02/12/2019 09:10:41 AM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  09:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like message #1 went into the bit bucket. Thanks for opening Tom, good morning to Mark, Walt and the multitudes. Freezing rain and nasty here.

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  09:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Looks like message #1 went into the bit bucket. Thanks for opening Tom, good morning to Mark, Walt and the multitudes. Freezing rain and nasty here.

Jim

I hesitated in opening as I saw you rsponded elsewhere. Checked the on line users and you weren’t there. I lost 3 posts this morning in Geezers Lounge, is it us or the software here?

TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  09:55:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. Another wet one in Tidewater Virginia. The rain's supposed to be stopping soon, so I guess I'll be doing a bike ride this afternoon.

I'm still trying to get the footprint of a building to fit between the tracks. I'm going back to the club this morning for what I hope will be the final fit.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  10:04:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. We have another 80 degree day here south of Tampa with a partly cloudy sky.

I will once again be working in my outdoor 'office' today. I might as well take advantage of this weather while we are here.

We went out for breakfast at a First Watch Cafe. It was good, and we will now not have to make lunch.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  10:08:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snow then rain temp wavering at ~32 with sticky mess in the forecast. The last of last week’s outages connected yesterday, power company is paying their ‘mutual aid’ responders from out of state to stick around in case there are more.

Ops at the Nashville Road was a good time yesterday with 20+ present.

Sticking close to home are plans for today. Snow removal maybe later.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  1:07:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew - I'm looking for some help from the forum members. I don't remember if it was on this forum or another but a member was posting pictures of a dock scene that featured a long brick/stone warehouse with a dockside track along one side and a freighter on the other side that had dock workers unloading a load of lumber on the dock. Does anyone remember this layout or member? Thanks.

Doug

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  2:16:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't get any modeling done yesterday, and today doesn't look good either. Too many other obligations, including some studying for my geology class. (Mike Hohn, crystallography is hard!)

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  3:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DWARN

Good morning crew - I'm looking for some help from the forum members. I don't remember if it was on this forum or another but a member was posting pictures of a dock scene that featured a long brick/stone warehouse with a dockside track along one side and a freighter on the other side that had dock workers unloading a load of lumber on the dock. Does anyone remember this layout or member? Thanks.

Doug

Member Ensign started a build called Magoun Pier in 2013. It was magnificent but that is still doesn’t describe its greatness.

It was in The Mike Chambers’ craftsman forum pages. If this isn’t what you r looking for, read it anyway.

Tom

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  4:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Tom - yep that is the one - I was trying to describe this to another modeler. Just awesome modeling
Thanks again

Doug

Previous Topic: Wednesday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Monday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.61 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000