Railroad Line Forums - NWSL gave me good customer service.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: C430 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 NWSL gave me good customer service.
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday Lounge  

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  7:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was having trouble with one of NWSL's gearboxes. The Idler gears had a dead spot in it from misformed teeth and in the process of Trying to fix the blind spot I destroyed the gear box. The gearbox was also giving me trouble because it was too tight on the driver axle and I didn't know how to handle that. Well, NWSL has an idiot guarantee (they call it a disaster plan) in which, they will replace what you screwed up. So I took them upon it and a week later I had new parts in the mailbox. In the meantime I was researching and asking around about how to fit the gearbox. Today I was finally able to work on the new gearbox but when I assembled the gearbox around some 1/8" axle stock I was delighted to find the axle stock spinning freely. Apparently NWSL had improved the product since I bought the gearbox.

Thank you NWSL.

Bob
It's only make-believe

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  9:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad you got satisfaction. I'll be needing some gears in the future. Nice to know they appreciate their customers.

Bernd

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  08:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob is this just recent? Good for you. I understand via other forums that they were having issues in delivery. The reason I ask is I wanted to order some items but was leary based on the stories since Xmas.

Thank you
TomO

Graffen
Fireman

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  03:58:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Graffen's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The overseas service isn't exactly something to cheer over....
My last (yes, last, not latest) order, was separated in two due to backorders (which wasn't shown on the site).
They had written the full order value on the first shipment, which I had to pay import taxes and handling fees on.
I contacted them and informed them on the flawed way of handling an overseas order.
I asked them to write 0 on the order value for the backorder shipment.
They had written $2 value!!!
So I had to pay handling fees again!
The order was $30, but with the added fees, it landed at $80...
I guess they don't want overseas customers...

Michael Graff
"Deo Adjuvante Labor Proficit"
Swedish custom model builder.
http://sites.google.com/site/graffairbrushart

Previous Topic: Monday Morning Lounge Topic Next Topic: Sunday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000