Railroad Line Forums - DCC Track Wiring Question For A Crossover Track
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 73 ]  [ Total: 78 ]  [ Newest Member: 4given ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 DCC, Computers and Electronics for Model Railroads
 DCC Track Wiring Question For A Crossover Track
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wiring Headlights for Decoder with only DC Topic Next Topic: Magnetic Strips -Will They Affect A Decoder  

man7sell
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  7:25:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think I may have a problem when wiring my track. I have a part of the track that crosses over from one side of the total loop to the other. Highlighted in the orange circle. Wiring the circle red to the inside track black to the outside. The crossover track would effectively switch this polarity. Or do I not wire this track and let the switches deal with it?
DCC BTW

Capt. Paul Mansell
https://crookedmileriver.blogspot.com/2018/11/crooked-mile-river-logging-on30-scale.html

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  10:02:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With DCC, anywhere a locomotive can leave a track segment going in one direction and re-enter it going in the other direction,
without hitting the 'reverse' button, needs an "auto-reverser".

On your plan above, the diagonal red line will do this, assuming you've wired the already-built parts of your main loop so the
outside rails (closest to the table edge) are connected to one buss wire and the inside rails to the other.

The turntable will need an auto-reverser too.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  11:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James is right. If you go with an AR1 by Digitrax; http://www.digitrax.com/products/autoreversing/ar1/ that will switch your polarity automatically. As far as your turntable goes, if you have an Atlas type turntable with a split ring, it does not need an auto reverser. A lot of turntables to not have this feature, and need the auto reverser installed.
The AR-1 comes with a Tunable Trip Current (TTC). In most cases it never needs adjustment, the AR1 works just fine without any adjustment at all.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

man7sell
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  11:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Perfect and thanks for the hookup diagram. Luckily all my trains will be short.

Capt. Paul Mansell
https://crookedmileriver.blogspot.com/2018/11/crooked-mile-river-logging-on30-scale.html

Previous Topic: Wiring Headlights for Decoder with only DC Topic Next Topic: Magnetic Strips -Will They Affect A Decoder  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000