Railroad Line Forums - Good COLD Sunday Morning Lounge is Open
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 131 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Good COLD Sunday Morning Lounge is Open
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Damaged Goods Topic Next Topic: Saturday Lounge  

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  07:58:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning RR-L Crew. 21 degrees here in the Crossroads of America, Central Indiana. Snow later today but rain tomorrow.

So, To warm everyone up we'll see what's in the larder. Got some eggs to scramble and mix with some diced grilled ham. Throw in some diced red and green peppers and some mushrooms and onions making a nice breakfast omelette. HOT Railbender coffee and some crispy toast along with cold OJ and a tray of fat pills. Speaking of which, I'll just have a donut and coffee at Church.

Thanks everyone for the kind words on the oncologist report. Do understand that she said there wasn't any "active" cancer. I do have MGUS which is a blood generic issue and the marker I have that is increasing in number leads to non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Just a matter if my heart or hit win the race. Nobody, doctors and my priest can figure out how I'm alive. I just stay that way to fool them all. [laugh]

Everyone have a FUN and SAFE day in the cold train yard. Stay home, keep warm and work on your trains.
Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  08:07:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Walt and the rest of the crew. It is once again sunny and it will get to 82 later today here in Bradenton, Fla. We did get some showers after sunset last night.

We are off to the Tampa Zoo this morning.

Have a great day!

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  08:53:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, all. The NH seacoast has a high haze but yesterday's winds have passed.

Yesterday I lit my furnace to wood for the first time this winter. I also spent a while cleaning wheels and looking at a couple of troubled locomotives. And I finally figured out a way of getting Rule 17 lighting to work in a couple of decoders. More today, but only after I write a couple of documents.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  09:02:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Walt and crew. Another day in the 30's here in Tidewater Virginia. I'm going back to the club today. I'm working on the footprint of a building I'm planning to build.

Have a good day.
George

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  09:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. Walt great breakfast and again happy for your medical news. The weather in So. Wisconsin is warming at 21f degrees and very gloomy. Maybe the salt spread yesterday will start to work better. Too much ice on the driveway and the ice melt worked in spots but there is lots left. The snow starts either by noon or 8pm tonight and I want the driveway cleared better.

The difference in the local TV guys and Accuweather online is pretty big. So I figure the snow will be here around 3.

The UW Womanís hockey game today again is at 2pm. I will attend the game with the 5 yr. old grandson who arrived last night back from Texas. I will spend most of the day in the cave. I am avoiding the trainroom today as I created electrical problems the last few days so I am hoping they solve themselves, he-he! One can hope!

TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  10:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Walt, Bruce, James, George, Tom, and whoever else rolls in. Back from church a little while ago, and heading to Lowe's in a bit to pick up some PVC pipe for a fun project. Thanks for the coffee and the breakfast. It's easy make and cleanup on a keyboard. 

I did go out last night around midnight, and heard the ice cracking on the intermittent lake out front. It was so quiet that the cracking just echoed. Sounded like it should have been on one of the Great Lakes. Very cool!

Writing that, I'm laughing at how 'old man' that sounds. 50 years ago, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

Off to Lowe's

Have a Super day!

Jim

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  10:23:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Walt and crew thanks for breakfast it's 28 here in SE Ohio with rain on it's way missing the snow going NE of us. Walt your like an Steam Engine you just keep jugging away!!
workin in the train yard today Sunday dinner later with my kids

Mark

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  10:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds and cold here this morning. A blistering 22 degrees with a light 8mph breeze. Still looking at the options for todayís activity.

We had a fine, 20+, turnout at the Division 5 meeting yesterday. One highlight was our show and tell time. One fellow brought a kit bashed grain/farm supply business that he had be building. The highlight of that was his roof, he said it was shingled with shingles from some outfit called Rusty Stumps. I must say they were among the finest looking roofing material Iíve seen on a model. Well done Roger, the builder, and well done Walt, the Stump master.

Ice and electrical issues still haunting area rivers and the Grand Rapids area NW of us here, Weather says 2-3 more storms to move across the US in the next couple of weeks.

My SPARTANS got back in the groove and played well last night and seemed to have their energy back. Magic Johnson, Greg Kelser and others from the team in the 70s that won it all were honored at halftime. Magic used to live in my patrol area, I can remember stopping him for a traffic violation at one time and watching the progress of the construction of the beautiful house he built his parents on a nice wooded lot by the Grand River also in my patrol area.

Time to get a bit of something to eat, everyone have a good day, and a fine week.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Previous Topic: Damaged Goods Topic Next Topic: Saturday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000