Railroad Line Forums - Need some 'technical' help with a loco.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 116 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: C430 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Need some 'technical' help with a loco.
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Peco Track Topic Next Topic: Coal unloading conveyor drawings
Page: of 2

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  12:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Itís amazing how much time and aggravation we put ourselves through assuring ourselves that Model Railroading is Fun.

I donít think iíve take a steam engine apart. Scares me. Bruce youíve just verified my fears.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/08/2019 :  03:47:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup I hate electronics and mechanics. So it's a strange hobby I'm in. But!! But without the electronics and the locos it would be a strange hobby indeed.

I've been in the hobby since the late 50's. In all that time I've never been able to get my head around the technical side of the hobby.

But sometimes I just get pigheaded and need to 'fix' something. That 'something' often ends up being a headache!!

I think I'll take up watch repairs!

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  8:28:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FWIW. I gave up and did some other stuff around my layout. Fun stuff.
But then I got brave and got out the shovel and fired up the boiler. Got a good head of steam and hit the throttle. Ran like a dream!!!!!!!!

I got my graphite stick out and gave the turnouts a good working over. Maybe that did the trick. Maybe not.

The temp and humidity have also dropped a bit here. So there may have been a rail gap close up a bit. (We are in the sub tropics so humidity can be an issue. Just up the road they had 80 inches in 12 days and that affected our humidity).

Who knows. Aint model railroading fun?

Until next time.

bruce

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Peco Track Topic Next Topic: Coal unloading conveyor drawings  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000