Railroad Line Forums - Friday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 312 ]  [ Total: 317 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigs704 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Friday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Announcement from Rusty Stumps Scale Models Topic Next Topic: Want run a camera but it was too big ?  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:19:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from snowing N.E. Indiana. The 1-2" looks like 4-5" so far to me. The coffee urn is READY with Ashpit Blend yet again. The Special is a short stack, scrambled eggs, corned beef hash, and a blueberry muffin.

Tomorrow is my favorite holiday. Groundhog Day! After Groundhog Day and the Daytona 500, things always look a little brighter.

I worked on the lounge structure a little yesterday, and am waiting for the post office to go back online. I ordered some furniture that I need to get some seating on the lower deck. We have a new mail lady which I am very happy with. So far she hasn't run over any pet on the driveway, tossed packages out of the window, or 'honked; the horn' nonstop while whistling through the driveway, So far, so good!

Have a Super day!

Jim
Take the red pill

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:24:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim and crew. We're going to see temps in the 40's today. We have some errands to run. It looks like our first stop will be Costco, too early to hit the sample tables.

Have a good day.
George

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:38:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, George and the rest of the snowy RR-L Crew Yep, about 3 inches on the ground but at least it's warmed to15 degrees out.

Just tea and toast this morning. Have coffee in a bit. Ground Hog is FROZEN in his hole. He ain't coming out for no reason.

Here's a photo of my latest 3D print endevor. A two part detail for the new kit coming soon in O scale. Ed Traxler did the main design work on this but as a total kit. I assembled it and added quite a few pieces to make what you see.

Well, back to the grindstone. Everyone have a Safe and Fun day in the Train Yard. Bruce and Bonnie have a safe trip down to the warm area.

Walt

In the Crossroads of America.

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 02/01/2019 09:40:09 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:47:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Jim thanks for opening. So. Wisconsin has warmed up to -1 now and no wind chill. We did get a couples inches of snow that needs to be removed. 40ís tomorrow to start the ďMeltĒ. The weather guy said this morning there most likely will flooding!

Only need milk (& a donut) at the stores today and maybe a trip to the LHS for no real need. The horses are to be fed and the teenager mucking out the stalls gets a bonus today. He used one of the plows to get one of the outdoor corrals cleared so the horses can get outside. The indoor arena is a good size but outside is better. I will be heading to the cave again. Enjoy your day.

TomO

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:49:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darn, Walt! I could have used those instead of what came with the FSM Jacob's Fuel kit! They look great.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crew thanks for breakfast it's 16 and snowing about 3 inches on the ground so far in SE Ohio!! supposed be in the 50s by Sunday.I'll plow the my driveway and the neighbors then Train room day today. wiring to work on.

Stay cozy and warm

Mark

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  10:36:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
-2 and hazy sun and calm this morning. Itís still winter. The regional natural gas provider had a major explosion and fire in one of their distribution stations in the metro Detroit area that caused a major scare for most users of gas, no effect on my propane supply, The energy company has been growing their distribution at a fever pitch but appears not to have a good backup in place if such an emergency or worse happens. They should invest, IMHO, more in their basic infrastructure than all the pie in the sky solar and windmills. The same company is my electrical supplier and their line here has had more outages since weíve lived here than anywhere else either of us has had in our lives.

Headed out with the Doll shortly, should work on the layout but there is always later. Corned beef hash and an egg, Jim, would suit me fine....better than the 1:1 Cheerios that sit in front of me.

Everyone have a great day. Pray for clouds in Pennsylvania tomorrow, canít have that fat rat seeing his shadow....

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  1:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew I finally got my Email working so iím A happy camper. Snow is melting thatís a good thing river ice might start Lucy to the clinic for a blood draw then back home . A good friend ( model railroader) took his dog out and fell on the ine broke his arm but is setting up quarters in his crews lounge and still has one arm that fits on the controller vary well. And his computer ,he will be just fine and he has a good better half to help him out. See you later Tom.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  2:29:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Walt, that wastegate looks terrific!  What is the actual diameter of the control wheel?

Jim

Take the red pill

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  4:22:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon from Cordele, Georgia. The temperature is a nice 60 degrees.

We made it thru Atlanta with only about a 5 minute slow down. I think that is a record for us.

Tomorrow we will reach our son's house just south of Tampa.

Time to put my feet up and take a nap before we head out to a Bar-b-Que joint that has a good local reputation.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Bruce

Previous Topic: Announcement from Rusty Stumps Scale Models Topic Next Topic: Want run a camera but it was too big ?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000