Railroad Line Forums - This Weeks Build.....
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 55 ]  [ Total: 61 ]  [ Newest Member: Marty J ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 This Weeks Build.....
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: FOS - Delritos Meat Products - O Scale Topic Next Topic: Back to basics.. D & J Grohe Landscaping.  

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  8:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing else to do but get this desk cleared up and get started on my third and final 'quickie build'

I've been doodling a design and have a business decided upon, so it's time to get started and then 'move on'.

Karl.A

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  8:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another good one to watch get built. You finish an entire diorama before I get a shake-the-box box open! And it doesn't looked rushed when you're done.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  9:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bill, I def try not to rush. Thanks.
Tight corners, straight windows and no glue spots are important things to me.
These builds can be quick for me, but I def don't want them to be sloppy.

Karl.A

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  9:09:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Walls measured and cut out, time for a test fit and then on to making all the individual clapboards.

Karl.A

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  12:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You make me feel lazy!!

Guess I should get my arse in gear and o something!!

Your off to a great start. You going to make a diorama out these buildings??

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  12:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jerry,

Nope, no more dioramas for these quick and easy structures, they'll just go sit on the shelf with all the others for now.
I did the diorama base for yours because to me it was a special build, and it needed it.

I had decided I needed three simple builds to get me back into modeling with nothing to think about and just get me moving again.
After this one I'm going to start working through the unfinished dio's that I have and get back to that side of things.
With that said, I'll probably throw in a few more random quick builds if I feel like I just need to do something basic and less involved.

Stay tuned in to this station 'cos it seems to be working out so far, at least for me. Thanks always for your continued support.

Karl.

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  1:37:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karl, what are you using for the walls?

George

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  5:01:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
George, the subwalls are cut out from foamcore board.
This sheet is thinner than usual at only 1/8" but its still working OK.

Karl.A

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  6:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I like how it looks already.

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  10:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Michael, me too
However, because this one is 'freehand' and evolving as I go with no plans, I may have to redo something if it doesn't 'panout', hopefully not 'cos that was a lot of clapboards, lol.

Hopefully I'll build the windows tomorrow, I'm just not in the mood tonight and I cant proceed any further without them.

Karl.A

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  11:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks fine to me.

What are you using to cut the strips? Or our you just using a ruler and blade??

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  11:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I used to use a ruler and blade jerry, but after two builds it got tiresome so I got a small paper guillotine
That makes life much easier.

Karl. A

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  12:55:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had one of those at work. And they never used it. When I left I should have borrowed it long term!!

Jerry

Previous Topic: FOS - Delritos Meat Products - O Scale Topic Next Topic: Back to basics.. D & J Grohe Landscaping.  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000