Railroad Line Forums - 2019 Narrow Gauge Convention Call for Presenters
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 126 ]  [ Newest Member: C430 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 Rail Events
 2019 Narrow Gauge Convention Call for Presenters
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Chehalis, WA 6-7 April 2019 Train Show & Swap Meet Topic Next Topic: Winter Wonderland at the Museum of Science, Boston  

scott robertson
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/16/2019 :  8:36:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit scott robertson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
On behalf of Dick Patton I present the following message regarding the upcoming narrow gauge convention.

Hello Group,

I'm the clinics coordinator for the 2019 Narrow Gauge Convention that'll be held in Sacramento next September. I know there are great modelers and hobbyists in this group that have skills and information that would be great to share with the rest of us. Please contact me if you would like to share your knowledge by presenting a clinic. Topics could include: painting models; scenery; prototype equipment; operations; photos; staining & weathering; prototype history; building structures and rolling stock; things that worked and things that didn't; getting things to run better; electronics and lighting . . . .

As has been the custom, presenters will be compensated for their registration fee.

Let me know and I'll guide your through the next steps.

Dick Patton

nngc2019clinics@outlook.com

darrylhuffman
Crew Chief

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  12:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit darrylhuffman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dick,

Nice to know the custom is for presenters to be given a fee.

I have given dozens of clinics at Narrow Gauge Convention and other conventions without getting anything other than "Thanks".

Unfortunately, I can no longer give any clinics due to failing health.

But I will be there in Sacamento to enjoy the show.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com

You can follow my blog here:

http://ghosttownmodels.blogspot.com/

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  09:27:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darrylhuffman

Nice to know the custom is for presenters to be given a fee. I have given dozens of clinics at Narrow Gauge Convention and other conventions without getting anything other than "Thanks".

Wow, you got a thank you. The NNGC in Hickory, NC we didn't get a thank you. Although we did get a fee begrudgingly. They never stopped over to say HI or look at our modular layout.

Craig H
Fireman

Posted - 01/18/2019 :  8:10:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, What a Joke.....not even a Thanks....I sure wouldn't be going back

Mario Rapinett
Fireman

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  7:48:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flight ticket was paid fir, Darryl reserved a room for me, etc but cancelled everything recently..

Accommodation in the USA is just so expensive....and the Aussie money exchange is getting worse....

Hope someone takes plenty of photos.....
Best wishes to the organisers..a lot of work goes into planning a convention...

Previous Topic: Chehalis, WA 6-7 April 2019 Train Show & Swap Meet Topic Next Topic: Winter Wonderland at the Museum of Science, Boston  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000