Railroad Line Forums - Kato NW2 Assembly Help
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 105 ]  [ Total: 108 ]  [ Newest Member: DanielR ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Kato NW2 Assembly Help
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Noisy Bachmann 70 Ton Switcher Topic Next Topic: P2K GP-7  

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/16/2019 :  3:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Afternoon, Crew! I'm trying to put my Kato NW2 together and right away I'm running into problems. I thought that I had an exploded parts view saved, butNO! The difficulties that I'm having are...
1. There are small brass tabs that contact the end bearings to hold them in place in one half of the weight. Do they go under or over the bearings when looked at from above?
2. The other problem that I'm having is getting the two halves of the weight to mate together. Are they supposed to have a gap? If not, what am I doing wrong here?
3. How do the trucks mount in those little nipples on each side of the weight halves?

Help me, Mr. Wizard, help me! Thanks for any suggestions.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 01/16/2019 :  4:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Russ, start here and see if any of this information helps you. http://www.digitrax.com/tsd/KB504/kato-nw2-installation-instructions/

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/16/2019 :  4:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Louis, but the problems that I'm having are associated with reassembling what is the chassis made from a split weight. I've also searched for an exploded parts diagram and can't seem to find one.

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  09:39:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have this locomotive? Here is one of a Kato NW2 exploded parts diagram.
You asked about a space between the weights. Yes, there is, that's what insulates to two halves from each other, with the two insulated bushings into the weight halves. The picture below shows where your trucks mount into that space with dimples.
It requires a bit of dexterity to hold the trucks in place within these tabs while the two halves of the frame weight casting are placed together.
The truck can be reinstalled into frame before tightening the two screws. If the horizontal tab's at top of truck (see photo) at top of gear case has been broken off, replacement of truck is required. The truck top sets above the dimple in the weights. Last picture.

Louis
Pacific Northwest Logging in the East Coast

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 01/17/2019 :  12:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Louis! The diagram is close enough to the one that I have. This will certainly help me out.

Previous Topic: Noisy Bachmann 70 Ton Switcher Topic Next Topic: P2K GP-7  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.23 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000