Railroad Line Forums - Doodling after breakfast
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 112 ]  [ Newest Member: longknifeldr ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 Doodling after breakfast
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tools and tips for scratch building Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuild HO Scale searchlight signals
Page: of 8

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JIm i know you don't like the as you call it yuppy cup machine but when the lounge is complete I will purchase one a new one for us Old yuppy's
Great job on the build by the way!

Mark

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:09:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another great build Jim. The fire pole exit is a good idea but instead of a speeder shed we will need a garage to house the needed ambulance.

The layout looks good but if you need room cut into a shelf layout. So are you going to add solar panels or wind mills to return the Lounge to green?

TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,

Thanks, I'm having a hard time finding an 'Eddie' doppelganger and will probably have to Frankenstein one.

Jim

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good, Jim. I'm glad to see you're making sure the crew is properly fed. Speaking of eating, is the opening for the pole going to be large enough?

George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  09:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by potsy

JIm i know you don't like the as you call it yuppy cup machine but when the lounge is complete I will purchase one a new one for us Old yuppy's
Great job on the build by the way!

Mark

Thanks Mark, I had a `Yuppie cup, and a teapot next to the coffee urn, but the printer swiped them off the serving line. I'll have to put up an auxiliary table. Still haven't put together a bathroom, so you will have to 'hold it'.

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/06/2019 :  11:51:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the table and chairs finally showed up today and I was able to work on the lower lever a little.

I'll get some better lighting when the lounge is finished. The refrigerator is in the upper corner, the sink center rear, and the oven/grill on the left rear. On the serving line is the coffee urn, the yuppie cup machine, some plates with 'stuff' on them.The guy on the left is waiting for his smoothie to come out, the guy on the right is wondering why I didn't sand that lump on the top of his head. Walt's teapot is on the sink in front of the guy tossing something in the sink.

The guy sitting at the table on the right is either Fr. Guido Sarducci or Don Corleone.
the woman is nervously waiting for a train.

Side view with the 'tribute' aka fake Pot Belly stove in the background. Other than the Preiser Table , chairs, and some LP's, furniture and appliances are 3D printed.

Jim

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  08:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim that's an odd looking yuppie cup machine AKA KUERIG LOL

Mark

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  08:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Getting a big chuckle out of your project Jim.

Not to sure about the food on the counter though. I'll go for a cup of coffee though.

Bernd

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  08:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The building's not even done and you have guys lining up for food. You can see the priorities here.

George

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  09:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mark

Mark,

The design guy didn't access to the 'Keurig' blueprint for HO scale. Thanks for checking it out.

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  09:05:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bernd

Getting a big chuckle out of your project Jim.

Not to sure about the food on the counter though. I'll go for a cup of coffee though.

Bernd

Guys are talking while loading up their plates and not paying attention to what falls off.
Enjoy the coffee!

Jim

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  09:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George D

The building's not even done and you have guys lining up for food. You can see the priorities here.

George

You're right George, look at that mess they left on the serving line. Bernd just grabbed a cup of coffee and did a quick run around. Thanks for stopping in.

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  10:26:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mark

Mark, Very surprising Jim put the K-cup machine out there. I use it for hot chocolate. I think the serving line looks great, just like the real thing...

Anyway, love what Jim has done.

TomO

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  11:45:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

quote:

Mark

Mark, Very surprising Jim put the K-cup machine out there. I use it for hot chocolate. I think the serving line looks great, just like the real thing...

Anyway, love what Jim has done.

TomO

You guys realize I like pulling your legs with the'Yuppie cup machine'. We drink too much coffee here to use the K-cups, maybe some day when we get old.

Thanks for the nice comment.

Jim

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/07/2019 :  12:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Your serving line looks very realistic. Iím with some of the other guys and will stick with the coffee.

Mike

Page: of 8 Previous Topic: Tools and tips for scratch building Topic Next Topic: Scratchbuild HO Scale searchlight signals  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.52 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000