Railroad Line Forums - Full Size Paper Templates of Trackplan
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 90 ]  [ Total: 90 ]  [ Newest Member: rkovvur ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Layout Design / Operation Sig Forum
 Full Size Paper Templates of Trackplan
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dbl-deck Layout in its Own Train Shed Topic Next Topic: Single slip, Double slip, or mysterious switch
Page: of 2

railandsail
Engine Wiper

Posted - 01/14/2019 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Steel Fabricator out to the side

quote:
One of those tracks also feeds a 'fabricator' of steel parts,...that is represented by the 'rail rebuilder kit' from Walthers with the addition of a outdoors overhead crane out front. This structure could alternately be that Vulcan manufacturing kit from Walthers. I just happen to run across this image and thought it added to the 'industrial image' I'm trying to establish there.

Just found this old clipping I had saved from years ago of a custom detailing of that Walther's kit,..

So I think my 'fabricator' could be one that built and repaired steel railroad cars and steam engine parts.

Needs to have a small foundry on one side to account for the smoke stacks added to that one side of the original kit, and to account for some of those big parts on the steam locos.

And it might be nice to have a damaged (or newly built) B&O wagon-top caboose, or B&O wagon top box car out front, or along the side.

Brian

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Dbl-deck Layout in its Own Train Shed Topic Next Topic: Single slip, Double slip, or mysterious switch  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000