Railroad Line Forums - Bachmann 4-6-2 K4 Streamlined
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 120 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 The Steam Shop
 Bachmann 4-6-2 K4 Streamlined
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: New England Steam Topic Next Topic: Rebuilding an Atlantic NYC&HR rr Ajin brass loco  

Railrunner130
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 12/15/2018 :  08:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Railrunner130's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Finally, after waiting years for Broadway Limited to release their streamlined K4, Bachmann released theirs.

I've run it for about 20 minutes. So far it seems pretty good. It's got a lot of sound functions, so I may need to upgrade my Digitrax Zephyr to compensate for that.

The odd thing is that the way the engine and tender hook up is a Y-shaped bar. It takes some effort to get them connected. The good thing is that they're not coming apart. So, if you buy one make sure you have a place to store it outside the box. I'll probably put a metal Kaydee coupler on the front. The Bachmann coupler looks terrible. There is an option to replace the coupler with a streamlined dummy coupler if you so desire.

tct855
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  11:08:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit tct855's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree,
Yes it is nice to see this model done up. The "Y" drawbar is somewhat a standard with some plastic models. It's fine once you get use to it. They work around tight curves pretty well.
Yes,yes,yes,yes on the metal kadee or any metal prototype looking working coupler is a must. Just me agreeing with you (grin). Thanx Thom...

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/08/2019 :  12:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks nice. I think Bachmann has the ability to make quality items. They’ve just sort of handled the low end market well.

Speaking of Broadway Ltd. I had an email today from them itemizing their price increases as of Sept due to new import fees being imposed.

Regarding the front coupler I’d probably remove it and cover the opening to maintain the streamline look.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/08/2019 12:25:23 PM

Previous Topic: New England Steam Topic Next Topic: Rebuilding an Atlantic NYC&HR rr Ajin brass loco  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000