Railroad Line Forums - Thursday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 144 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  08:25:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from a cold 15 & breezy N.E. Indiana. Get your longjohns ready. The coffee urn is READY with Boilermaker blend. All-American Special is up on the serving line.

I watched quite a bit of the services for Bush 41 yesterday, a real tribute. It looks like UP has renumbered a locomotive 4141 to pull the funeral train 90 miles to College Station, TX. Somebody will model that, I'm sure.

Getting for grandchildren invasion this weekend, so that generally puts a damper on any serious bench time. Got to put those sharp objects away.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  08:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is 30 degrees and cloudy here in S.E. Michigan. Maybe a few flurries off and on later today.

An early trip to the Post Office this morning and then probably some shopping is on Bonnie's agenda and therefore mine as well.

Have a great day!

Bernd
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  08:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bernd's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning Jim and crew. Temp is hovering around 20 and lite snow. I'm sure Dave will report what it's like closer to The Lake.

Wife's home today so very little to no modeling. We're working on getting the master bathroom completed.

Looking forward to this weekends show at RIT. Hope to meet two members of the forum, Rich and Mike.

Stay warm.

Bernd

A PESSIMIST sees a dark tunnel
An OPTIMIST sees light at the end of the tunnel
A REALIST sees a freight train
The LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER sees three idiots standing on the tracks

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  08:39:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clouds cold and snow this morning.

UP 4141 has been in service several years and I think thatAthearn has made one a couple years ago. 4141 was done prior to the batch of Hertiage units UP did.

Taking the Doll to the doc this am and then weíve no plans yet.

Everyone have a good day. Jimís breakfast is a good start.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  08:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim, Bruce, Bernd, Karl and incoming Crew. Temperature here in So. Wisconsin is 21f degrees but the wind chill is at 9, itís cold outside.

I also watched 41ís memorial, at the car dealship as they took 2.25 hours to change a seat belt in the backseat. Warranty work, but geese... With what happened in the Wisconsin legislature yesterday, we r seriously looking at leaving the state which of course the girls want to do anyway. There are few gentlemen or ladies left in government like the guy they are burying today. Rant over!

Terry has medical tests today at 10:30 this morning Central Time. Seems strange when she has the medical issues and Iím the one in the waiting room. Not fun as many of you know.

Have a good day
Tom

Edited by - tloc on 12/06/2018 08:47:50 AM

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  09:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and crewweather in Cleveland itís going to snow later looks like Bruce is sending us some but itís also going to be warmer so who knows. Iím also going to another Bruceís to operate tonight and it always snows for that trip. Went down and did some wiring yesterday on the layout maybe a little more today. Time for another coffee see you later. Tom

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  09:54:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All!

29, feels like 21, grey and biffling with little white thingies this morning here in the northern mitten. But the little red "We're All Gonna Die" warning is up, and the notation is for "brief periods of very heavy lake effect" snow, mostly headed south.

Bruce Karl and Jim, you might want to keep an eye on the sky today!

Op Session last night well north of here resulted in a forty mile ride in new snow, but fortunately without the addition of more while we were on the road. Great time, though!

And Morning arrived far too quickly....

Too much to do before I crash and burn today.... Make it a great day, folks, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  09:55:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Jim and Crew thanks for breakfast I'm running errands today it is 34 sunny and breezy in SE Ohio not going to get much warmer. I'm going to purchase a new cell phone today I have upgrade!! I watch 41s funeral media seemed at times a little political enough said.

Everyone have a great day
and all doctor visits go well

Mark

Mark B
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  2:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just watching the funeral train of 41. Interested both as a historical event and maybe a bit of rail fan also. Noticed that Fox News announcer Harris Falkner has referred to UP #4141 as a "train" and a "car" She's probably not a rail fan. Later on she did call #4141 an engine, so maybe somebody in her ear piece clued her in.
Thank you George H.W.Bush for your service to our country.

Mark B.

Previous Topic: Friday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Wednesday morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000