Railroad Line Forums - Wednesday morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 126 ]  [ Total: 134 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Wednesday morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday Lounge  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  08:22:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew, readers, and lurkers from cold, overcast,and a dusting of snow on the ground N.E. Indiana. The coffee urn is READY with Boilermaker blend. #1 is the 'Special', grits on the side. The yuppie cup machine has the low lead coffee.

I went to the local hobby shop yesterday, and think the new guy that replaced the old guy in the 'train department' doesn't have any interest in the hobby. Shelves pretty much bare of any new stock. Mostly used Blue Box stuff with ridiculous prices. (Probably uses eBad as a reference.) Small parts, detail parts, and kits, are long gone. Drones, must be where the sales margin is. It's probably always been a tough business to be in, but the old guy had a handle on what would modelers in and buy stuff. Anyone looking for 'Champ decals' marked up 100% over retail?

Today is clean up the shop day, so I'll be out here in the remote location.

Have a Super day!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  08:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and Crew. Thanks for the breakfast Jim and congrats on the eyes.

Tree day for Xmas after we return from the car dealership. I also have to figure out what to get Terry for Xmas. That always used to be the Xmas eve day adventure for me, now if I waited that longer Iíd get nothing.

Saw the movie Green Book yesterday, it was very good, very enjoyable. Terry quipped during the trailers even at our ages, 67/66 we might have been the youngest in the theater. I guess when you go to the 1:10 show you can eat dinner at 4, no we didnít.

Tom

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  08:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
19* in scenic downtown Rochester, with three waterfalls within the city. Along the Genesee River.

Errands to do this morning. Remember that it's hump day, so get out there and hump.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  09:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snowing at a decent rate this morning in Michigan. Just had two different text messages of crashes and deteriorating road conditions. Will disregard my plans for a road trip today. Iíve no interest in getting into traffic distress.

I worked on filling a few gaps Iíve put in my track as part of the power district project. I have to go back and trim the filler material, styrene strips superglued into place.

The Doll and I have a two day road trip in the plans for Sunday and Monday. The weather is forecast to be dry and sunny but cold.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  10:00:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mornin' All,

28, feels like 21, with white gifts from above arriving in fits and starts here in the northern mitten. Radar map looks like somebody decided that I-75, which runs north and south in the mitten, would be a good line for a snowstorm, so the mess seems to be oriented around that. It's fifty miles or so east of me, so I'm OK with that, but I'll bet travel is not fun....

Jim, again, congratulations on the eyes, and please keep the problems in the past tense!

This looks like a Good day to be indoors working with the soldering iron, so I may roust out the track gangs and see what sorts of interesting mischief I can get into with them.

Make it a great day, all, and stay safe!

Pete
in Michigan

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  12:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Snowing at a decent rate this morning in Michigan. Just had two different text messages of crashes and deteriorating road conditions. Will disregard my plans for a road trip today. Iíve no interest in getting into traffic distress.

As a cop for 35 years in New England, I drove in all kinds of weather. Only had one minor accident sliding on ice but it was a brand new cruiser (ugh). Now I don't go out in any winter weather, even shy away from heavy rains.

Sunny here and just tidying up the house for a potential buyer later on.

Have a nice day.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
ďThose who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.Ē~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, Americaís 1st Homeland Security

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/05/2018 :  4:23:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon Jim and the rest of the crew.

We ran a few errands this morning and then I finished putting up the outdoor lights this afternoon - with light snow and ice pellets helping it all that much more fun.

I saw that Bonnie pulled some of her homemade sauce out of the freezer, so I guess we will be having spaghetti for dinner.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Previous Topic: Thursday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Tuesday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000