Railroad Line Forums - The Gallery: Dec. 2018 "Modeling Year In Review"
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 115 ]  [ Newest Member: rsmokingus ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Railroad Photography Forum
 The Gallery: Dec. 2018 "Modeling Year In Review"
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Members Prototype Photos
Page: of 3

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  12:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lots of great work displayed here.

This year I decided to try to enter a model each month in our NMRA divisions's Bring n Brag popular vote contest. January is an "Everything goes" month and I entered a model built in 2017, so I won't display is here. I missed the February meeting, but in March I presented a bark car, constructed from a flat car I had built twenty years ago or so:

I earned third place in the popular vote.

In April I displayed a set of coal hoppers I scratchbuilt a couple of years ago and received first place in votes.

At the next meeting I entered a kitbashed locomotive, once again a model that sat unfinished for about twenty years and garnered a first place:

Our division has a picnic each August, and I displayed my coal trestle (second place):

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 12/06/2018 1:19:27 PM

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/06/2018 :  1:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Continuing . . . I built a lumber yard for our NMRA division's Bring 'n' Brag contest and received first place in the popular vote:

Looks a little barren, doesn't it? I'll add more detail when I install it on my layout, perhaps even more buildings.

Meanwhile, I finished my two cabooses for a third place:

And finally, in November, a first place for my farm store:

The Bring 'n' Brag challenges me to come up with a worthy model each month that fits the monthly category yet does not send me off onto a tangent. I've built enough models that end up sitting on a shelf. This year the contest motivated me to complete several projects started in previous years, and to build new businesses for my layout that fit into my "master plan."

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  12:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice work, Mike !!

Going back to January I threw this hopper skeleton together to represent a car in the stage of being re-built.

So I could hide it in the car shop.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/07/2018 :  12:23:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The billboard I built on the first page of this thread was used for the roof of my coal mine office building. The structure is a DPM building.

Chuck

Guff
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  10:09:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike,
Nice collection of honors! Good work!
Dave

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike, you had a very good year.

It's only make-believe

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  6:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started O'Neill's Fabrication in January and finished in December. Pretty much the only modeling I was able to get done this year, but I did add a few extras to the diorama.

Bryan

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  7:36:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
VERY nice work Bryan!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  8:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wandered into O scale and built this lobster shack out of paper and card stock (except the buoys and chimney). It was my first project using my Cricut machine.

George

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2018 :  09:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Loads of fine work guys.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 12/09/2018 :  2:44:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bryan, Excellent work. I love the crane.

It's only make-believe

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2018 :  3:50:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by railman28

Bryan, Excellent work. I love the crane.

I was fortunate to see the diorama in person last month and the photographs don't come near to showing the fantastic detail work Brian did.

George

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/09/2018 :  4:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A time keeper's building in Ho scale, made for my train club. The walls, roof and floor were cut from styrene using my Cricut machine. The doors and some of the details were also cut with the Cricut machine.

George

engineerkyle
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2018 :  08:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit engineerkyle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys,

Here are a couple of things a scratched out in HO scale in 2018.

Happy New Year!

EK

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/17/2018 :  09:45:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Next up, for me, was a Brownhoist industrial pillar crane by JL Innovative Designs. I didn't like the cab in the kit, so I constructed my own, moving the entry door to the back.

Chuck

Page: of 3 Topic Next Topic: Members Prototype Photos  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000