Railroad Line Forums - Saturday Lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Saturday Lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: A Day At The Car Shops 1951  

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  07:42:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from So. Wisconsin. 34f degrees heading to 39 and if the sun comes out our snow over should be gone.

The coffee is ready, MOW blend with the K-cups neatly stacked. Pancakes, bacon and ham with No. Wisconsin maple syrup. Fresh fruit, still warm donuts and hot water for teas and cereals. The diet sodas are in the frig and are cold. Enjoy.

Today’s event is a hockey game at 2, we are taking the kids and my daughter’s business partner and her family, 10 of us in total. The kids range from 5 to 8 so should be fun, the 2 boys, both 5 are in the 2nd year of hockey.

Have a wonderful day
TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  07:55:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
30 going to 36 with 100% rain this afternoon.

Ready to go to the ops session in Grand Rapids this morning.

Everyone have a good day, pancakes and syrup, TomO, sound so good.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  07:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good WET Morning Tom and the rest of the RR-L Crew. 45f and raining with T-storms due as well. Snow in November, rain in December. Crazy weather these days.
I had my oatmeal and tea. Will have coffee and Voortman wafers later. Getting to be a habit I think.

I'm working in Dreamweaver on a totally new website. Need to do something to kick-start some sales.

Both 3D printers are down right now due to damaged resin trays. Been going around with the manufacture and other suppliers on what's causing the issues. Cost is the big issue as I have 4 resin trays to replace now.

We had a 30 car pile up the other day right at rush hour. That was just down the road. Mist off the river and the sewer plant right there cause ice on the bridge and road. 15 cars had to be towed and 6 injured with 4 going to the hospital. Not a good way to go to work. Glad I don't have to any more.

Everyone have a Fun and Dry Safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 12/01/2018 07:58:03 AM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  08:05:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Tom and the rest of the crew. It is 34 degrees here in S.E. Michigan as well. The rain that Karl and Walt mentioned will be here this afternoon.

Some running around this morning. We will see what the afternoon brings our way.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  08:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Tom and crew. It's in the mid 40's in Tidewater Virginia, but we're heading north to cooler temperatures. We're going to spend a few days in New York City taking in all the Christmas decorations and activities.

Have a good day.
George

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  11:12:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, Crew, and thanks for opening up, Tom. Yesterday I centered the layout top and frame on the base, but I'm thinking about building a new base. I want to have the main shelf of the layout hinged in the back like the current configuration, and that allows me to tilt the layout at a 45° angle for wiring and turnout motor installation. The problem is weight distribution when it's tilted...the whole thing wants to fall over against the wall. Hmmmm...vertically mounted bellbar weights on the front of the base? We'll see.

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  11:30:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still morning in my Jersey valley. I haven't been on the forum very much, lately. I've been distracted with some other things and I still haven't gotten my motivation back after the convention, a few months ago. I'm working on it, though. We'll be away for a vacation, next week, and I hope I can get started on a few things.

This coming week, I plan to get together with a couple model railroaders. I am helping one with a Power Point presentation for an upcoming clinic. And, the other will be just a visit.

It is supposed to hit 60 degrees here, tomorrow. Sheesh. Almost beach weather.

Chuck

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  11:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend lives a couple miles from the epicenter of the earthquake in Alaska. Her family is OK (her cat came back after hiding for a couple hours), but the road to her house is the one you've seen in the photos. The road crossed a swampy area with a culvert. As a result of the earthquake, that bog shook so hard the road buckled.

Sorry to hear about the passing of President GHW Bush.

More work today on Jacob's Coal, before I have to deliver that load of used clothing my wife's group loaded into my truck yesterday. The second photo in this article is my truck from earlier this week, loading stuff from a food drive. http://www.fosters.com/news/20181130/dhs-rotc-cadets-fighting-hunger Tomorrow we'll go get a Christmas Tree (since the truck will be empty :-) )

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  12:39:44 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
37* in Rochester, and the skies are the color of cheap Wal-Mart primer. Did some "tie tamper tea", no coffee this morning. Trying to lose wieght before the holidays at my doctors request. My pants have made the same request of late.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

Previous Topic: Sunday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: A Day At The Car Shops 1951  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000