Railroad Line Forums - Crooked Mile River
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 151 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Crooked Mile River
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 25 Topic Next Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop
Page: of 6

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/05/2019 :  1:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Porter taking sawn logs to the town carpenter.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/10/2019 :  12:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just ordered a sawmill kit from RSLaserkits. It will need a little adaption to fit my area. Can't wait for it to arrive. This is the initial area I had designated.

The kit is the opposite layout to what I was going to build.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/11/2019 :  6:42:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone built this kit?

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  1:21:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
While I wait for this kit....And wait and wait (Getting too used to Amazon Prime ;) )

Going to give my other fisherman (woman) a catch too. First carving the fish from a very small piece of wood. Then some paint and crushed glitter. A splodge of heavy gloss acrylic get for the place and place the fish in the middle.

Edited by - man7sell on 02/13/2019 1:58:25 PM

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  5:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Supper's coming. Neat scene!

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  2:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When the gel sets I will probably add more gel after a little dry white.

ChiloquinRuss
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  4:42:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit ChiloquinRuss's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I find it fascinating how one hobby leads to another. Like from model trains to taxidermy! Russ

Elandry
New Hire

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  6:22:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice looking work.

Earl

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  7:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't built RSL kit but did use his stairs and jig. Good stuff!

Is your mill going on that slab? Nice work!

Philip

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  12:20:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Philip

Haven't built RSL kit but did use his stairs and jig. Good stuff!

Is your mill going on that slab? Nice work!

Philip

Yes it will go on the slab but my idea and the kit are opposite in orientation. Got the kit yesterday and reading the instruction, all 13 pages, it looks like a great kit. I will need to do some "adaption" to fit my area.

spyder62
Crew Chief

Posted - 02/15/2019 :  5:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit spyder62's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spyder62

Hi Paul
For the KMP
saw mill I cut my own floors for their HO and N scale version I sell. Don't like how he makes the builder cut the slots in the plywood and make the board lines.
As I had yours shipped direct because I'm not allowed in the shop till my sinus surgery clears up. ( infection in both sinus and left ear as of this morning)
If you can send me a copy of the floor I will cut one with all the work done. Have not sold a O kit before so had not looked at he directions.
thanks
rich
rsalserkits

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
--John Adams

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  4:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Flipping this left to right is a mind trip to follow the instructions.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  11:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Location.
OK Indecision may or may not be my problem..... Which one do you think/like?

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  7:40:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Progress so far, all the below floor work done. Working on the log carriage support. Have to go into my woodwork shop and cut some black walnut just to collect the saw dust. Then I will rub it into the cracks of the floor boards and spritz with a little white glue and water.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 02/19/2019 :  3:19:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OK the next process has you cutting 44 5x5s and I can see ahead a lot more precision cuts.So ordered a NWSL Cutter. Meanwhile I looked at the cardboard square for the boiler base. Hmmmm just picked up some hobby 1/16" thick mixed bag of squares. So online search for a brick pattern. First one I choose when burnt on the laser engraver turned out to be the perfect size and scale bricks... No really what are the chances?

Rust powder for the brick color and texture.

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 25 Topic Next Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000