Railroad Line Forums - Crooked Mile River
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 153 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Crooked Mile River
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 25 Topic Next Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop
Page: of 6

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2018 :  07:54:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Mike

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/18/2018 :  09:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Philip

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 12/18/2018 :  12:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Going to add a fish climbing the rapids. Fist carve the fish, this time I used plastic, a dremmel, and small file. Painted.

Place on the rapids where you think it will look good this first rise looks good.

When set start adding Mod Podge for the water effects as the fish jumps.

Let the first lot dry clear and then with a 'dry' white brush ass the white bubbles. Less is more.

Cover with more Mod Podge and keep adding layers, not too much at a tile, let the layers dry between applications.

spyder62
Crew Chief

Posted - 12/18/2018 :  3:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit spyder62's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looking great
rich

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,
two is a law firm and three or more is a congress.
--John Adams

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  5:57:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can across this gel stuff called Liquidtex, going to try it to make a splash where the fish jumped. See what it looks like when it dries.

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 12/20/2018 :  6:43:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks a little fishy! In a good way.

It's only make-believe

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 12/21/2018 :  10:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What it looks like when cured.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 12/22/2018 :  6:56:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by man7sell

quote:
Originally posted by David J Buchholz

I remember using some crushed glitter from a craft store in the rapids. Took on a nice sparkle.

Wow now that's an interesting thought because I do have a small upstream rapid. Do you have a photo David?

Paul

David, Tried you idea found some micro glitter (less is more) Brilliant. No to persuade the wife that it was for RR modelling that I got glitter everywhere.........

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 12/28/2018 :  6:09:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Next I have to build a bridge which I know should have come first but it was a change in plan to do the river when the track was already laid. Indecision may or may not be my problem. But what sort of bridge? Maybe a basic log construction as it is very short.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  5:32:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bridges under construction.

Railrunner130
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  6:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cool.

I've been planning on adding my grandfather to my layout. He was a barber and avid fisherman/hunter. There is something to be said about being in the brook, chasing trout 15 minutes after closing time.

Rutland Railroad
White River Division
"The Peavine"

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 01/01/2019 :  12:35:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes there is. Gotta get my fishing gear up and running.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 01/04/2019 :  1:27:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Before you through your Christmas garlin away..... Trees.

man7sell
Section Hand

Posted - 01/06/2019 :  12:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit man7sell's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So far I am thinking Barber Shop, Hardware Store, Saloon, Bait shop, Lumber yard. Maybe number 6 will be Bar-b-que Pit? What else?

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/06/2019 :  2:28:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Paul great job on that fish!!

Maybe a bear trying to catch one on those rainbows??

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Geezers Lounge Volume 25 Topic Next Topic: Martin G. Jones Machine Shop  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000