Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 107 ]  [ Total: 111 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Cyber Monday Lounge  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  08:02:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That day back after a long weekend was relatively painless.

Can't believe no one has yet opened. So here it is.

Up in the cafeteria, saw breakfast sandwich (egg, sausage, cheese) on Texas Toast. Looked delicious.

Also hot cereals, yogurts and fruit.

Had domestic demands last evening. Had to pass on an ops session. The calendar recycles starting next Monday into mid-December before late month dates run into Christmas activities and are not scheduled. 'Tis the season.

Brisk here, to say the least. But sun is out. Anymore, that's not a given.

Larry

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  08:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening, Larry. Good morning to the entire crew.

It is 29 degrees, breezy and cloudy here in S.E. Michigan. We ended up with about 2" of snow yesterday. I did get the snowblower and chains on the Kubota yesterday afternoon. Untangling the chains after tossing them in a box to bring them to MI took about as long as mounting the snow blower.

My assistant from when I was a school Superintendent will stop by with his wife today. They have been busy visiting their son and his wife over in Ann Arbor. It will be good to catch up.

Well, must run to the post office to ship a box of 'stuff' the grandkids left behind back out to Puyallup, WA.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  08:43:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Overcast and cold this morning. Clearing the place out yesterday was a major undertaking. The normal 20-30 minute task was over 2 hours. One wheel kicked the chains loose so I have to redo them soon.

No major new snow is in the forecast for today have a few errands to run before long, just clearing out cobwebs this morning.

Im getting close to having the new section on the layout wired. Will see how time management goes today.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  08:51:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry, Bruce and crew.

We set up the Christmas tree yesterday. It's artificial, already decorated and lit. We've had it several years with no light problems. This time, when I plugged it in, three light strings failed to light. Pat had heard about a gun that fixes light strings so I did a Google search and learned about Light Keeper Pro. I bought one and it works! Don't fully understand how it works, but it fixed the lights in no time.

Have a good day.
George

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  08:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning, Crew, and thanks for opening up, Larry. Just some more coffee for me right now. I sanded down the layout table top out on the deck on Sunday and it's a good thing I took advantage of the milder weather when I did. It's 27 here in my part of NE Ohio with some light snow on the ground that fell overnight. The plywood top came out smooth and flat with all of the thick residual adhesive removed from where the pink insulation foam sheet was glued down. The next step is to take measurements from my track plan on the laptop and sketch it out in chalk as a "feasibility study".

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  09:39:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. So. Wisconsin is snowless as it all went south of us. Cold today as the high will be in the low 20s. The big difference from yesterday is the diminished wind. Blowing at 10 mph versus low 20s plus gusts yesterday. Going outside yesterday was not fun but better than the guys in No. Illinois, Chicagoland and Michigan. My niece who lives in NYC was still at the airport at 11 last night in Chicago as Midway was a mess with few planes and snow issues at LaGuardia in NY.

Fitness center this morning, Movie at 2, dinner out and then we see Mannheim Steam Roller at 7. Enjoy your day.

Tom

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/27/2018 :  10:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning all,

Cold and overcast here, with light snow. Thanks for opening up Larry. I'm heading over to a friends place shortly to help on his layout. We're layin' track!

That's it from here.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Previous Topic: Wednesday morning lounge Topic Next Topic: Cyber Monday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000