Railroad Line Forums - Deep River Vinegar.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 8 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 122 ]  [ Total: 130 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 Deep River Vinegar.
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Tie Tong or Ice Tong question Topic Next Topic: Turkey Day Sale @ Bob Santoss, Integrity Motors
Page: of 2

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  8:15:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a scratchbuilt model I did basing the idea off the Builder's in Scale Sassen's (sp?) Vinegar. I had entered it into a contest this weekend at our Indian Nations meeting, which was a 144 Sq. inch requirement, any size or shape, as long as it comprised of 144 sq. inches. There were 6 entries, I came in second.

I had built it a few years ago, but I didn't have a name on it, and the scenery had to be re-done, as my skills have improved since them. I changed a few details and added some, that looked better, and am much happier with it now. The tanks are wood dowels covered in Paper Creek siding. The boiler etc., under the shed is a Woodland scenics set I couldn't resist using. The stone foundation are baby blocks from Dr. Ben's, and plaster was used to fill the entire interior of the foundation with the building built on top of it.

I made the sign by printing it out on a computer and cutting it to size, then to make it thin enough to go on the wall, I turned it over and scraped off the paper by wetting it, then scraping the paper off with an exacto knife. It gets pretty thin, so careful handling is key to keeping it from getting torn.

Some of the pictures below have a newer and much larger tree, this one was added a few days before the show, as I wasn't happy with what I had previously put there.

Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  8:31:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work Tony!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  8:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TRAINS1941

Beautiful work Tony!!

Thanks Jerry.

Tony Burgess

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  8:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,

I can't imagine what beat this one out. It's darn nice!

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  8:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Tony,

I can't imagine what beat this one out. It's darn nice!

Jim

What Jim said!

Nicely done!

Pete
in Michigan

mark_dalrymple
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/19/2018 :  9:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Send mark_dalrymple an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Really nice scene, Tony!

Like the nice subtle grey/ blue colours. The new tree is a great improvement. Really like the photo through the walk-over - takes the viewer right down to miniature size!

Cheers, Mark.

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jim Pete and Mark. Thank you. Here is the first place winner. I wasn't concerned about winning 1st or 2nd, it was just nice to be in the running of either. There was only 2 votes difference. A lot of votes also went to the others too.

Tony Burgess

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  09:21:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking little diorama, Tony. I like the way you did the details and debris around the buildings.

George

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  09:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fabulous looking diorama Tony. Outstanding scratch built modeling!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  10:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the most outstanding diorama I've seen in sometime, Tony. Kudos to the second place win.

Rich

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  11:24:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
George, Louis and Rich. Thank you. I appreciate the comments.

Tony Burgess

Ensign
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  11:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony, that's a wonderful diorama that you have created there!
I Love the leaf litter detail that's accumulating on the roof.
You would have gotten a first place vote from me.

Greg Shinnie

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  12:24:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nicely done.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  4:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Greg, and Karl.

Tony Burgess

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  5:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony,

Add me to the list of Deep River Vinegar fans. Youíve brought your usual touch to it.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/20/2018 :  5:33:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I remember this diorama Tony...from somewhere else you must have posted the pix....very nice!

What is the clapboard stock?- it's looks rightly uneven...or are they individual boards?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Tie Tong or Ice Tong question Topic Next Topic: Turkey Day Sale @ Bob Santoss, Integrity Motors  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.58 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000