Railroad Line Forums - Changing to HO Scale
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 9 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 154 ]  [ Total: 163 ]  [ Newest Member: krasche53 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mid Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Changing to HO Scale
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: My RDG Rolling Stock Topic Next Topic: Grandt Line
Page: of 2

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  01:59:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Russ,

Nice. It will keep operators busy.

A change Id be inclined to make is to move the turnout for acces to the diesel barn to the left of the runaround. That frees up the track in the lower right for industry spots.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2018 :  11:14:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hohn

Russ,

Nice. It will keep operators busy.

A change Id be inclined to make is to move the turnout for acces to the diesel barn to the left of the runaround. That frees up the track in the lower right for industry spots.

Mike

I think you're right, Mike. The diesel house does look like it's out of place. I think that I can turn it around so that it has direct access to the main tracks. Good suggestion.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2018 :  6:10:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Following Mike's suggestion, I moved the diesel house on to the main inbound track and got it out of the "weeds". This allowed me to create a small two-track yard next to the textile factory.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2018 :  8:14:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think inverting the turnout between diesel house track 1 and 2 might work to lengthen the tail track
behind the diesel house switch on the main line. Above, it looks like it will handle a 4-axle road unit but
with little extra room.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/28/2018 :  8:26:04 PM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think jbvb has a good point. If you let the upper engine house track go in a straight line into the faculty, you can have the lower track drop down with a right hand turnout. That simple change would indeed lengthen the tailing track by a few inches, which might come in real handy operationally. Might also open that lower corner for a little detail.

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

Edited by - David J Buchholz on 11/29/2018 10:24:05 PM

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  07:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russ,

I like James' suggestion, too.

I also like the way you have established 'location' by naming the industry the "Silk City" Textile Co.- at least to us old Patersonians.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  09:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thats a good suggestion. In fact, if you could shift the turnouts for the runaround to the right and further increase the length of the tail track to accommodate both loco and car, you could supply sand to the diesel facility in a covered hopper.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  6:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

I also like the way you have established 'location' by naming the industry the "Silk City" Textile Co.- at least to us old Patersonians.

Thanks, Bruce. I wanted to get some "Paterson" into the scene. Also, I plan to have a hot dog joint named in tribute to the famous "Johnny & Hanges" that used to be right at the foot of River Street.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  6:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I followed up on the suggestions made about moving the diesel house's turnouts around to provide more length to the inbound yard track. It certainly did add more length for my four-axle diesels and an RS3 that I'll get in the future.

jbvb
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  10:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit jbvb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
14" is enough for most HO end-cab switchers plus a 40' car. Might fit an RS-3 or a Geep too.

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  09:04:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Russ,

"Johnny & Hanges" still exists in name at a new location on Maple Ave. in Fair Lawn. Same name, same sauce, but the dogs still taste somehow different. Still, a 'must stop' when we go back to north Jersey to visit.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  4:35:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

Russ, "Johnny & Hanges" still exists in name at a new location on Maple Ave. in Fair Lawn. Same name, same sauce, but the dogs still taste somehow different. Still, a 'must stop' when we go back to north Jersey to visit.

Hey Bruce, Johnny & Hanges was part of my life growing up. My father would bring home hot dogs and fries after he got off the train from working second shift and share them with me. I knew of the new location in Fairlawn, but never went there. Always remember to get them"All the Way"!

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: My RDG Rolling Stock Topic Next Topic: Grandt Line  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.49 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000