Railroad Line Forums - Wild Horse Island Railroad
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 259 ]  [ Total: 265 ]  [ Newest Member: PRRJim ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Small Scale Model Railroad Forum
 Wild Horse Island Railroad
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: The D&RGW in 1/300 Scale
Page: of 12

acousticco
Fireman

Posted - 10/26/2020 :  10:47:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit acousticco's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm enjoying watching your layout come together. It has a really interesting atmosphere, maybe a kind of minimalism, that I really like. Will be following along with great interest.

-Cody

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  09:03:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always love the low angle shots!

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  1:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Beautiful!

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 10/27/2020 :  2:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice indeed! I too like the window backdrop and water reflections. Looks like low tide with all those barnacles on the pilings.

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  10:21:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a lot new. Continue to work on finishing some basic scenery and ensuring track has no frustrating spots. Ballasting is next. Due to our feline's love of Scenic Express trees, I can no longer have them. Very frustrating to be at the mercy of a cat. Will continue to work on scenery for a while covering white/worn spots and adding texture.

Some recent pics.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 11/09/2020 :  11:35:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a scene! Perfect!

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/10/2020 :  07:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice shots!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 11/10/2020 :  09:35:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Somehow I got lost but Iím found again. Great progress with the marsh grass. It looks just like what I see driving around the coastal SE.

Your groves of trees are more spectacular than I remember. I guess there are Super Trees in there but are you using something else for the tall ones?

Frank

CNE1899
Engine Wiper

Supporting Member

Posted - 11/11/2020 :  12:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Nice shots. I love my cats, and I hope they don't love my layouts when I build one.

Scott

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/22/2020 :  9:19:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As always, thanks for looking and commenting.

Frank, the pines are wood bbq skewers with wire wrap and then a dip in plaster/sawdust. I'm experimenting with the pine needles and have recently tried using fiber, with Sulfur tufts. I spray paint them with grey and brown colors. Hope to have more pics of the modified trees soon.

Yesterday I placed an order with Scenery Express for a bunch of stuff. I'll be working on the grasslands some more leaving some of the area very uniform but with the new order of materials, trying to get some more texture in other areas for variation. I will still keep a relatively monochromatic palette.

In the interim, worked a bit on the swing bridge and on plastering in some bare areas.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  08:57:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That last shot is great but you do need people and vehicles so it doesn't look like a ghost town.

Michael M
Section Hand

Posted - 11/23/2020 :  09:43:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try using "Keep Off" cat repellent to deter your feline from attacking to trees.

Michael M

Nye, Inyo & Esmeralda Railroad

Grubes
Crew Chief

Posted - 11/27/2020 :  10:14:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's always fun to get a package in the mail. My Scenery Express package arrived. Mostly static grass and foliage. Took out the Noch GrassMaster and started filling in blank areas. Also repaired the trees that had suffered during the add on of the new section. Now touching up areas that were just roughed in.

For my birthday, placed an order from Mico-Mark. Nothing terribly exciting; a bunch of tools to replace those I've abused over the years and also some paint and a small compressor for my airbrush. A major project upcoming is the auto bridge that will be in front of the trestle spanning the marsh. I have the plastic kit already and will be able to build it the right way when the tools arrive.

Some pictures of the trees, marsh and an area on the old section that I've touched up.

I

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2020 :  09:23:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/28/2020 :  10:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some excellent modeling to be seen here.
Thanks for sharing.

Page: of 12 Topic Next Topic: The D&RGW in 1/300 Scale  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000