Railroad Line Forums - Carolina Central Moves To Hon30 Maine
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 98 ]  [ Newest Member: onetelo ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 HOn30 and HOn3 Forum
 Carolina Central Moves To Hon30 Maine
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: North Coast Railroad Topic Next Topic: HOn3 Climax  

hminky
Fireman

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  09:53:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit hminky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Been in and out of HOn30 since the early 1970s. Was N-Scaling and got a good deal on the Kato Carolina Central layout about four years ago. Sure looked like HOn30 with the track spacing. Bought some Minitrains and Shapeway HOn30 cars but health problems caused me to shelve model railroading.

2018 was a good health year so returning to model trains tried N-Scale with an attemept at a "door layout" in N-Scale with standard gauge. Trouble is "I see narrow gauge". Various other odd model train ventures intervened. Got a Myner Models Model Power 2-6-0 conversion working. Runs great after a major D-oh moment.

Found that I could make my Kato track look like HOn30 with little effort.

So the layout is still in track planning stages.

Harold

Edited by - hminky on 10/22/2018 10:15:27 AM

Cowboybilly
Crew Chief

Posted - 10/22/2018 :  10:18:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice beginn

Frank

Frank The Cowboybilly

jschumaker
Fireman

Posted - 10/28/2018 :  12:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to seeing future posts on your layout.

Jeff S.

tillerman1
New Hire

Posted - 10/28/2018 :  2:56:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit tillerman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This seems like a good track plan for an HOn30 Maine layout. I look forward to watching your progress.

John

hminky
Fireman

Posted - 11/09/2018 :  10:47:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit hminky's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HO Engineer Bill likes the look of this N-scale Unitrack test piece with the faux fur grass berm for our HOn30 project.

The other berm attempts were Sculptamold mixed with my base earth color latex paint. Really messy and time consuming.

My fur grass articles are at:

http://www.pacificcoastairlinerr.com/fur_grass/

Thank you if you visit
Harold

tillerman1
New Hire

Posted - 11/09/2018 :  3:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit tillerman1's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks great!

-John

Previous Topic: North Coast Railroad Topic Next Topic: HOn3 Climax  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000