Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 81 ]  [ Total: 81 ]  [ Newest Member: red dog ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Chivers Slimrails is now closed. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7
Page: of 100

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  09:57:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Brrrrr...32F and howling wind.

Cream of wheat with raisins for breakfast today. Help yourself.

It's workday Wednesday for me. Off to the lodge.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  2:01:06 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon. Lots of snow 4 to 10Ē per the TV weather guy last night at 10:20pm. We got all those numbers plus drifting. Twice already have worked the driveway. Once this morning to get to Terryís eye appointment and then to get the car back all the way in. Then while finishing the county plow filled in the entrance to my driveway. Relaxing now and then will head over to the daughterís place to clean their drive. They left yesterday for Austin.

Rick we saw On the Basis of Sex and it was very good. It is about the now SCOUS Ginsberg winning a discrimination suit, a well done story. I do not see why Felicity Jones did not get an Oscar nomination. We have seen all the nominated best movies except Roma and Favorite. Neither have been shown at the theater we attend. We saw in 2018 32 movies, the least amount since the stroke in 2016 and second least since retirement in 2014.

TomO

Edited by - tloc on 01/23/2019 2:01:52 PM

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  6:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon team!
Tom, I haven't shoveled a driveway yet this year (hoping I didn't just jinx that). I feel for you. My shoveling days are done.
My wife and I decided to take a sign language course. She has a couple of patients who are deaf and she is hoping she can communicate with them better and I am the practice dummy. Her mother decided to hop in as well though and she is almost deaf. One more night (plus practice sessions) of not working the RR, though. On another night we facilitate a group at church (another night gone) and I have the built-in shelves/fireplace mantel to build before May. There just isn't enough time in the day - I might have to stay home from work!
I think it's time for an Old Fashioned. Any takers?
Cheers,
Dave

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  8:15:24 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

Good afternoon team!
Tom, I haven't shoveled a driveway yet this year (hoping I didn't just jinx that). I feel for you. My shoveling days are done.
My wife and I decided to take a sign language course.
I think it's time for an Old Fashioned. Any takers?
Cheers,
Dave

Dave, I didnít mean to mislead, I donít shovel. The driveway is over a 1/2 mile long done by various toys, I mean machines. But I still get worn out.

My wife was a principal in North Central Wisconsin at the school districts, hard of hearing school. They had enchanted microphone systems that all adult staff wore, but she also had to learn sign language. Yep I was the guinea pig she practiced on. Both my son and daughter still can sign. Boy that was a lot of years ago...

I will join you for a weak old fashion.

Tom

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  06:23:20 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Temps in the upper 50's but it's rain and wind all day here in Joisey.

Found this pic on FB and had to share.

Pork roll egg and cheese on a bagel for breakfast.
Hot sauce on the side.

You guys with s@#$ be careful when you're out there playing in it or driving.

Couple of Dr's appointments today.
Sleep Dr. in the AM and an echocardiogram in the PM.

Have a great day everyone.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  06:53:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Rick for getting us going.

Sleep study, must be the Doctors new thing. Both my wife and I at our last appointments were asked to take one. My brother showed up at Xmas with the Apnea machine. Nope, I know I snore but I sleep well.

TomO

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  08:52:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee and the roll. Good stuff.

Its sunny and cold on the Brazos, but the forecast is for 56F this afternoon. Hope the wind stays down.

Headed to a funeral this afternoon for a brother Mason. Hate to see friends go.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  09:04:20 AM  Show Profile
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee and one of my favorite sandwiches!!

Weather in South Jersey rainy/55! If this was $*^@ rather rain we still would be shovel from earlier in the week!!

Dog to the groomer this morning!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  09:35:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage
Man that is one big breakfast and coffee!

Sorry for your loss Mike.

I've had apnea for years. Kinda used to CPAP.

Jerry. Since my dog died I have two cats now.

Back to the grindstone today.

Indy

Oliver aka "The good stuff"

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  11:29:41 AM  Show Profile
It's got to be another money making scheme with all the doctors pushing the sleep apnea thing. In the past 3 months I've had 4 different doctors try and talk me into a sleep study or something. Nope, no guinea pig here, I'm just fine.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  12:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Coffee and tea are on. DP in the fridge.

Brunch is a light snack of biscuits and sausage gravy with cranberry sauce on the side.

No plans for the day until tonight. Supper at daughter's place, then on to see Driving Miss Daisy stage play at local theater.

Have fun,
Mike

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  1:18:40 PM  Show Profile
Hey guys,
I will have some coffee, thanks Mike.
Sleep apnea - definitely the new thing. I have a CPAP and I don't notice it anymore. In defence of the apnea thing, my wife would get freaked out that I would stop breathing at night. I never used to snore until the last 10 years. I am about 20 lbs overweight so I was surprised when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea. I never had trouble sleeping, never felt dragged out or tired during the day but there you have it - would stop breathing while sleeping. Now I still don't feel more rested, although I rarely wake up during the night now.
Sun is trying to peep out. High of 8C today.
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Dave

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  1:21:12 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I bought a Heisler 14 ton from Trainworld yesterday. Seemed like a good deal. $160 and DCC. They always seem to be over $250 everywhere.
Cheers,
Dave

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  3:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Dave, that sound like a happy buy.

Wisconsin again can be called frozen 0 now with -teens wind chill. Lower tonight and tomorrow, heavy 6 to 10Ē of snow again on Sunday to Monday then bitter cold again. Yes sir, Winter is here.

The grandson needed a new hockey helmet and lunch at McDonalds and then the playland. If I was single I know where I would hang out for lunch. Letís just say Wow and leave it at that...

Enjoy the day
Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/25/2019 :  3:36:34 PM  Show Profile
The Doll and I 'braved' a drive on icy roads, 10 degrees and 10+ mph wind and 2-3 inches of fresh snow this morning to buy a bit of peace and quiet on Lake Michigan.

As it looked in late August, our friend showing the Doll the view...we'll be at the left part of this...

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/25/2019 3:39:00 PM

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: Chivers Slimrails is now closed. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.7 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000