Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 132 ]  [ Total: 139 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: H frame Gallows turntable
Page: of 52

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  06:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, thanks Rick for getting us going. Rick, the way climate change is occurring nowhere is the right place to live anymore! Home is home, no matter the weather, it is great to be here.

Today, maybe, I hope to get in the trainroom. It is so nice and relaxing without the grandkids. They can be a handful and were.

Enjoy your day
TomO

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  07:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Rick thanks for opening Tom in think I'm following you around the forum. It's -4 here in SE Ohio heading up to 18 today!! train room time today.

Stay warm today

Mark

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  08:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by potsy

Good Morning Rick thanks for opening Tom in think I'm following you around the forum. It's -4 here in SE Ohio heading up to 18 today!! train room time today.

Stay warm today

Mark

It’s ok Mark, I am a nice guy

Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  09:07:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To quote a nice young lady from Kansas, “There’s no place like home...” even at -11 this morning, there is the bright cloudless sunny sky today. Haven’t seen any well diggers out there, tho. They kept the schools closed today, too cold for the snowflake teacher staff. The kids are all probably out in the snow playing....by way of their electronics.

Off today for the hearing aid checkup, maybe time to look at new tech devices. SPARTAN hoops on TV this evening for entertainment as well as a couple of things on the work bench.

Have a safe/warm day all.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  09:22:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Bacon and swiss cheese egg pie (quiche) is on the counter. Help yourself.

The Plano train show was packed yesterday. Vendors said they could go home after Saturday and be happy with their profits. Good to see and lots of kids and young people.

It's hazy out this morning at 35F but rising to 63F. I need to hook up trickle chargers on the MG, golf cart, and lawn mower. It looks like winter is coming.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  10:29:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Off today for the hearing aid checkup, maybe time to look at new tech devices.

Karl, Terry has blue tooth on her hearing aides, just loves it. If you have a smart phone, it is an app that allows all her phone’s calls to go through the hearing aides and she can now clearly understand phone conversations.

Tom

Edited by - tloc on 01/21/2019 10:29:53 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  11:28:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee.
Mike for the breakfast.

Good God is it cold here today sunny/10 minus -14 with the wind.

Rick I don't envy you out there today riding the rails.

Maybe some bench time after my room gets warmed up.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  12:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Off today for the hearing aid checkup, maybe time to look at new tech devices.

Karl, Terry has blue tooth on her hearing aides, just loves it. If you have a smart phone, it is an app that allows all her phone’s calls to go through the hearing aides and she can now clearly understand phone conversations.

Tom

Just ordered up a set. The guy figured I’d put 32,000 hours on my current set. At 50mph that would be over 1.6 million miles if I was driving. Blue tooth for smart phone and tv. Better noise filtering. The phone was one issue that gives me difficulty as is TV with accents.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 01/21/2019 1:01:55 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  03:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Temps are still in the teens but will rise and might even break into the low 30's after the sun comes out.

First ever stress test this afternoon.

TGIF

Have a great day everyone.

As you think, so will you be.

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  08:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning thanks for opening I'll fire up the grill and fix eggs anyway corned beef hash and soudough toast fresh fruit it is 10 and calm here in SE Ohio train time today. Mike there is hot sauce in the fridge

stay warm

Mark

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  08:44:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee. Good luck with your stress test. I had many and they aren't so bad. Enjoy your weekend.

Mark, thanks for the tasty breakfast. I'll put the hot sauce back when finished.

It is overcast this morning, but 61F outside. The wind is howling. Possible rain tonight and 32F...

Headed for oil change this morning and may go to train club for the rest of the day. I need my fix.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  10:25:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Mark for breakfast.

Stress test your to young for one of those. Take two shots of Eagle rare and call me in the morning!!

Weather here in South jersey sunny/19 RF/4. And were heading to the freezing mark. Yippee!!!

Nothing from the bench as my room is to cold to heat.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/22/2019 :  11:20:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning just back from the fitness center. Now that it is the 3rd week of Jan., the attendance is down. Resolutions broken I guesss.

Rick, chemical or trend mill stress test? Either are no fun but they can be life changing.

Diet Pepper and my IPad for a while then my shower and trainroom. Movie later but the weather reports are dire for only a 7” dump of white, the world is getting soft.

Enjoy your day
Tom

Edited by - tloc on 01/22/2019 11:22:49 AM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  07:29:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Looks like the arctic temps are leaving.
It's going to be cloudy all day but temps will be in the 50 before the end of the day.

Stress test went very well.
It was just walking on a tread mill for ten minutes.

Jerry, I like your prescription.

Tom, what movie did you see?

Grocery shopping first, then take Mom to a doctors appointment.
Meal prep after that.

Have a great day everyone.

As you think, so will you be.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/23/2019 :  09:53:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Schloppy schlit all over this morning, roads a mess and what a 24. Grey, to sun, to freezing stuff to heavy snow to rain. The driveway is going to be a mess for awhile as my equipment won’t work on this stuff. Our vehicles are 4x4 so not a real issue except walkways, will put some ice melt out later. The Doll got out fine this morning for her trip to the antique store but have been receiving road problems on the phone and scanner, someone ‘turned turtle’ coming up from the SE part of our county this morning and had to be extricated.

I did a tiny bit of cardboard strip weaving for some scenery on the layout yesterday. More today? We’ll see. Glad not to be on the road.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Page: of 52 Topic Next Topic: H frame Gallows turntable  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.47 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000