Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 93 ]  [ Total: 94 ]  [ Newest Member: Dizzy ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Author Previous Topic: Chivers Slimrails is now closed. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7
Page: of 100

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2019 :  08:02:39 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from very white covered So. Wisconsin, where we got anywhere from 3 to 7 inches., had zip before last night. Have not been outside yet, leaving for the g/sonís hockey practice in a few minutes. Looks deeper than what they are saying. Now the deep cold move in, canít wait.

The diet Pepper is very needed this morning, thanks Rick.

Enjoy your day
TomO

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2019 :  08:22:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the Coffee Rick Be careful out there driving Tom I'll fix some biscuits and Gravy with a side order bacon and fresh fruit
it's 35 here in SE Ohio calling for rain the snow is going north of us
went to the Dr. he give some meds for my back plus ordered an Xray won't know anything for a few days . Just rest and no lifting

Mark

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/19/2019 :  09:29:20 AM  Show Profile
Mother Nature finally moved the needle out off the ==no snow, no snow, no snow== skipping and we finally have a white outlook here after going 6-7 weeks since we had snow. We have had, and are continuing to receive, SNOW!! Itís light textured like powder but has accumulated enough to cover the grass and it looked like there was 3+ inches when I went out to clear off the Dolls car. I hope the needle doesnít stick again, but the forecast does have the S word in it for mid week and very few numbers for the temps. Wind out of the NE today is about 12mph and feels like 3.

Stay warm all, have a good day.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2019 :  10:11:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Mark, thanks for the biscuits.

Sorry to hear so many in the S today. It is just cold and very windy here at 35 mph.

Hope to hit the bench today.

Have fun,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/19/2019 :  10:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Mark for breakfast.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/34. Rain today through tomorrow.

Not sure what were doing today. But hopefully some bench time later!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  06:34:33 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Lot's of weather here in Joisey today.
Raining now and temps will go almost into the 50's.
Late in the morning the rain will stop but the temps will start to plummet with wind gusts of 20+ mph.
Early tomorrow AM temps will be in the single digits.

If you're getting s@#$ where you're at please be careful.

Even with all this bad weather the trains will still be packed.

Have a great day everyone.

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  07:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Salmon crepes with cream cheese sauce are on the counter. Help yourself.

It is cold this morning at 28F. The wind has been howling for the last few days. Brrrrr.

Headed to the Plano Train Show this morning. The Texas Western has a table of RR stuff to sell, and today is my shift. May get to wander around a bit and look for some cool O scale stuff.

Stay warm,
Mike

You can follow my construction of the logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1 and the dining hall at http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  07:52:24 AM  Show Profile
Good morning from cold +1 real -5 wind chill So. Wisconsin where it is now very white. Still watching the g/kids as the parents are in NYC and expecting to be home around 4pm. 4 nights of 5 and 7 year olds is a lot but mostly fun. We will be going to our place soon. Enjoy your day, be safe.

TomO

potsy
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  08:31:23 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning everyone here in SE Ohio it's 21 we got about 1" of snow over night it is starting to snow as I am typing this. Work in the train yard is the name of game today SIL Is coming over to help me.

Stay warm and safe

Mark

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  09:01:33 AM  Show Profile
-3 at the back window this morning with a breeze, chill at -12. No new snow since yesterday and the drive is still cleared off. The sun is out so it LOOKS nice out the windows.

Todayís plan is to stick close today until mid afternoon when weíre taking my son and his gal out for something at a new pizza joint near where he lives.

Everyone have a good day. Stay warm and safe.

Karl Scribner
Sunfield Twp. Michigan
H.M.F.I.C
Kentucky Southern Railway
The Spartan Line

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  09:30:54 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Mike for the breakfast.

Weather in South Jersey light rain/48! Like Rick said the temp is going way down they expect wind chill tomorrow morning -17!!

Been working on my hinges taking my time one time mistake was enough.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  6:28:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage
Howdy,

I guess if I asked how you live when so cold, you would respond witch how do you survive July and August in Texas. Stay warm my friends.

Mike

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  8:19:42 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by friscomike

Howdy,

I guess if I asked how you live when so cold, you would respond witch how do you survive July and August in Texas. Stay warm my friends.

Mike

So. Wisconsin at 4 am tomorrow they say the real temperature will be -6f degrees but the wind chill will be -14. Thatís the tough part. You can handle 0 real temperatures because you dress for it and with sun it can be comfortable. Wind chills are just plain miserable as that seems to go right through you. The temperature in the house is 72 right now.

+110 f degrees in Austin where my son lives in August because of humidity is tougher to handle then 110 in either Cave Creek, Az. or Las Vegas where my brother has homes. But even the dry heat IMO is unbearable. What I find funny is how cold the house is with the AC cooling to 80 when itís over 100.

To each our own. Neither my brother or son want to come visit in the winter because they have accumutated to their warmers temps. Both of course grew up in the Chicago area and North Central Wisconsin.

It is what makes the world go round
Tom

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/20/2019 :  8:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Good evening of a Profootball Sunday. I am not a real drinker because I might have 3 or 4 beers a year. The real hard stuff I donít know, just what my brother adds to our bar collection. The one beer I like is Spotted Cow from the New Glarus Brewery in Wisconsin. It is a nice light but not weak beer. There is some in the frig and to me the colder the better. So during the 4th quarter of the currently playing game or if you are in mourning or celebrating the terrible missed calls in the NO/Ram game, the beer here is cold.

Tom

Edited by - tloc on 01/20/2019 8:32:32 PM

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 01/21/2019 :  05:56:52 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Single digits in Joisey now and will only get into the teens later but the winds are still blowing at 20+ mph.
Put on an extra layer of clothes for work today.

Tom, sorry I missed the beer, but came home from work and plopped onto the sofa to watch the game without checking into the forum.

I don't think I could handle either extreme in temps any more.
Something more moderate but definitely a little warmer than where I'm at now seems best.
I plan on doing more research on where to live after I retire in a couple more years.

Have a great day everyone.

Page: of 100 Previous Topic: Chivers Slimrails is now closed. Topic Next Topic: Coast Line RR vol 7  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Topic Locked | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.78 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000