Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 147 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops Ė Europe 1918 Topic Next Topic: Crooked Mile River
Page: of 52

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/27/2018 :  09:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

We are going fancy for breakfast with salmon crepes and sausage biscuits and gravy. Enjoy.

It rained all day yesterday and is a cool 45F but clear today. Keep warm folks in the freezing area.

Rick, I want to focus on printing small stuff, and wow are there ever a lot of moving parts to 3D printing. I would like to print those tiny kerosene lanterns that I have been casting in resin.

The resin technique yield is low, and I don't really like the result. So I need to get familiar with Fusion 360 to design it, slice it in Cura (after I figure out settings) and finally print it. Whew, I wish someone sold clear lantern castings. It would be much cheaper to buy them.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/27/2018 :  10:49:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee and Mike for the breakfast.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/40!

Heading over to Diane's cousin for brunch and to see her Aunt who is 97!! God Bless her and she has all those marbles yet!!

Rick out of shape sounds like to much Stereo & Bourbon but hey I'm all for a little relaxing!!

Mike looking forward of what comes out of the 3d printer.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2018 :  06:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Much warmer here in Joisey with highs in the upper 50's but heavy rains all day.

Tom, enjoy your relaxing.

Mike, I know how hard it can be learning new software.
But I know you'll get it.

Jerry, bourbon and stereo are night time activities.
It's during the day that's the problem.
And stouts and porters are a bigger problem than an ounce of bourbon.
Speaking of stouts, went out with my brother and nephew all day visiting breweries and eating pizza, cheese burgers and fries.
There's the problem.

Have a great day everyone.

As you think, so will you be.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/28/2018 :  08:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
51 going to 52 then tumbling to 30s by dark. Wet and grey.

Iíve a package to take to the post office, finally had a bite onthe BLI Centipede set Iíve had on ebay. I have a Rapido RDC on there now and am thinking of putting on a couple of other surplus items.

Forum is really slow this morning. It needs some coffee, too much bourbon, stout and porter. Nice pot of bridge tenderís blend and some oatmeal this morning.

Everyone have a good day. Warm and safe.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2018 :  10:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Tom sounds like you had a good day relaxing.

Rick glad you got to root of the problem!! Burgers make me want to go up to our favorite place!

Weather here sucks pouring rain/54!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/28/2018 :  10:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick thanks for the coffee and encouragement.

Breakfast burritos are on tap for this morning: eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, cheese, pico de gallo, and flour tortillas. Help yourself.

Helping our Daughter move today...

Weather is clear, cold, and windy. Brrrrr.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2018 :  06:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Temps will remain in the low 50's but the rains have stopped and the sun will shine all day in Joisey today.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2018 :  08:53:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, thanks Rick for getting us going, that diet Dr Pepper will do just fine. Weather here in So. Wisconsin is 19f degrees heading to 29, but it became very white overnight. Not sure if it will be melting so I have to get out there but not enough for the machine.

Enjoy your day
TomO has

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2018 :  09:05:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It's cold this morning and today's high is only 38F. I hope mother nature just gets this out of her system so we can return to Texas weather.

More moving today.

Happy rails,
Mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/29/2018 :  09:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning all, 25 and grey in MI with just a very light dust of snow. Big change from yesterday.

I plan on some work at the bench today and then the Doll and I are going to friendsí for an evening of jolly frivolity, gossip and bs most likely.

Everyone have a good day, one of only a few left for Ď18.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/29/2018 :  11:45:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Afternoon

Rick thanks for the coffee. I just put on a fresh pot case anyone else shows up!!

Weather in South Jersey sunny/52!

Maybe we will take a walk on beach with the pooch!!

Then some bench time later on!!

Jerry

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  06:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mid 40's and clouds in Joisey today.

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny day here with temps in the 50's and every person within a 50 mile radius of NYC woke and had the same idea to hop on the train and go to NYC.
I'm used to busy trains on the weekends, but yesterday was something different.
Of the 4 trains I worked yesterday, two of them I had to stop collecting tickets midway because it was too crowded to walk.
The last train I barely had room for myself to stand and didn't collect any tickets.
Talking to some passengers it wasn't any better out on the streets.
The sidewalks were virtually gridlocked.
Today should be interesting too.
Temps in the mid 40's, lots of people traveling to go home from Christmas vacations and a Giants & Cowboys game at the Meadowlands.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  09:07:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from bright right now So. Wisconsin. Mid thirtyís are predicted today. Thanks Rick for getting us going and the diet Dr Pepper hits the spot. Sounds like a few more cars were needed on your trains.

The quiet was nice but now it is annoyingly too quiet. 10 days of constant go-go then nothing. Today is Pro football Sunday, a day I used to celebrate, my wife still does. I will head to the better LHS (70 miles) and spend on details and styrene from the certificates that were Xmas presents.

Enjoy your day
TomO

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  09:19:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

It is cold and rainy today, 37F. Good time to stay indoors.

I hope da' boys do better than OU did last night. I am still in mourning.

Busy week ahead, so going to chill today.

Have fun,
Mike

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  10:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bright overcast and groggy this morning. Time to root around and eat something.

Good day all.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Page: of 52 Previous Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops Ė Europe 1918 Topic Next Topic: Crooked Mile River  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 1.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000