Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 145 ]  [ Total: 147 ]  [ Newest Member: Ben de Vink ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops  Europe 1918 Topic Next Topic: Crooked Mile River
Page: of 52

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  09:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Rick thanks for the coffee and Mark breakfast.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/33. Mid 40's later!

Errands to run then take the car in for a funny noise when turning the steering wheel.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  10:34:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, another grey day in the palm of the mitten.

Rick, I just installed the SimpliSafe system in my mothers now empty house. It appears to be very well designed. The instruction are well written, in English as a first language English. The components seem robust and easy to install. Im sure if mom was still with us shed not be able to keep it running right. Shed had one of the Ive fallen and cant get up devises and it didnt work well for her with a multitude of reasons. Mostly stubbornness. This system should help keep the place secure until were able to get it on market in the Spring. If anyone wanted the system, Id get it through their site, not Bestbuy, you can get just what you want and they have special pricing at times.

Here at home Ive a plumbing issue to deal with. Toilet valve lever has broken. Fun...

Enjoy the day all.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  12:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Rick, for coffee and Mark, for brekkie.
Another soggy day at work. Pool is about to overflow at home, must remember to drain it a bit tonight!
Might get some time to work on the living room built-in but who knows...someone might open a bottle of wine...
Have a good one,
Cheers,
Dave

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  3:44:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave, I don't have any wine, but I do have Bourbon and Founders Breakfast Stout.
There's enough for everyone.

As you think, so will you be.

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  5:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rick,
that stout sounds excellent!
Cheers,
Dave

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/13/2018 :  5:12:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What no red wine????

Guess I'll have to settle for a nice glass of the Eagle Rare neat.

I'll get some wines tomorrow for those that want a nice glass of red or white!!

I stoked the fire its just about right in here to kick back and relax.

Jerry

"And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  06:38:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Cloudy all day but the temps will creep into the low 50's and then rain tonight in Joisey.

David, it's my favorite.

Karl, thanks for the review.

Mark, that should have kept you busy.

Mike, have fun at the lodge.

It's a long 12 hour day of work for me.

Have a great day everyone.

As you think, so will you be.

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  07:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Rick and incoming crew breakfast is lite this morn French Toast with crispy bacon and maple syrup . It's 33 going to high 40s and rain later today as Rick said here in SE Ohio.
Wife and I are decorating our tree today we always get a Frasier Fir nice trees.

Mark

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  07:55:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning folks,

Rick, thanks for coffee.

Mark, thanks for breakfast.

It's going to be cool on the Brazos with temps in the 40's and very windy. Brrrrr.

Toying with the idea of getting a 3D printer or at least putting it on my wish list. I have to decide if I really want to invest all that time in learning a new software design program.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  08:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Rick thanks for the coffee.

Nice breakfast Mark.

Weather in South Jersey cloudy/46. Suppose to be mid 50's later!
But rain for the weekend.

Not sure what we have on the silly season agenda today.

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  08:54:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain and fog in Michigan today. Really dreary looking.

If you do the 3d printer Mike, take a close look at Fusion360, it is a 100% fully loaded professional CAD system that is cost free for hobbiests and start-up businesses, not a Lite version like some of the photo grograms. LOTS of tutorials online and U-tube and really well done. Id tinkered with several different programs over the years but nons that worked for me like this one.

Fun day ahead, everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 12/14/2018 08:55:31 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  09:29:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Crew, thanks Rick for getting us going. Thanks for the diet Dr Pepper which I will take with a lemon and warm.

The throat procedure is the second one in a month and I will be fine, just wobbly from the drugs which stop tomorrow. No driving, no solid foods and little talking, my wife is in heaven. The plan is no chemo for the throat just a radiation treatment and scan in February. I dislike chemo but if the decision is I need it, Ill do it again. Too young at 66 to give up.

The on-line buying spree continues since I am bored, my PayPal account is getting a work out.

Have a great day
TomO

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  12:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew,
Thanks for the "light" breakfast...4 pieces of French toast and 4 pieces of bacon slathered in maple syrup...egads! I have no will power..
Tom, best of luck with your treatment. Were you a smoker? On-line buying gets a life of its own - I usually go in spurts and it always starts with just one thing.
Have a good day. I am off to Dr. appointment to renew meds before heading out on holiday. Weather forecast calling for big winds of 90 km/hr. With some luck we won't be affected by the power outages that are sure to follow.
Cheers,
Dave

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  12:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Clark

Good morning crew,

Tom, best of luck with your treatment. Were you a smoker?
Dave

Nope never smoked Dave. 2011 had the thyroid removed and 38 Limp nodes, 2016 had over 100 Limp (Sp) nodes removed from the throat and massive chemo. Those were operations. Now throat procedures are just scraping of the throat area as the nodes are too close to the larynx affecting voice. They still are basically doing the same thing as the operations but now are out patient. The USA health insurance rules need to be discarded and start over. The thyroid issue while not rare in men is unusual. My maternal grandmother, my mom and my sister all had their thyroid removed and my mom also had the parathyroid removed. The doctors love me because I am such a novel case. Not sure why my wife still loves me.

Have a great trip
Tom

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/14/2018 :  7:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the tip Karl. I'll check it out.
~mike

quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Rain and fog in Michigan today. Really dreary looking.

If you do the 3d printer Mike, take a close look at Fusion360, it is a 100% fully loaded professional CAD system that is cost free for hobbiests and start-up businesses, not a Lite version like some of the photo grograms. LOTS of tutorials online and U-tube and really well done. Id tinkered with several different programs over the years but nons that worked for me like this one.

Fun day ahead, everyone have a good day.

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

Page: of 52 Previous Topic: Corps of Canadian Railway Troops  Europe 1918 Topic Next Topic: Crooked Mile River  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.72 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000