Railroad Line Forums - Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 98 ]  [ Total: 101 ]  [ Newest Member: lumberfan ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Geezer's Lounge Volume 25
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Topic Next Topic: Crooked Mile River
Page: of 27

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  09:14:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
23 and snow, light, in Michigan this morning. I bought a self indulgence yesterday, too. A new Nikon D5600. I think I need to buy a book for Dummies as itís totally different than my older D90 in so many ways. I went to Best Buy and got them to toss in a memory card with the deal after showing them the ad I got from B&H iPhoto in New York.

Everyone have a good day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  09:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Mike, thanks for the coffee and breakfast and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Tom, hope you're feeling better soon and enjoy your new present.

Karl, congrats on the new camera.

Partly cloudy and temps in the mid 40's in Joisey today.

Got some more outside work to do today.

Jerry, Fridays are good but when I have all Saturdays like you it will be the best.

Have a great day everyone.

As you think, so will you be.

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  09:29:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Mike Jerry and Tom thanks for breakfast Mike one of my all-time favorites!! It's 28 with a slight breeze here in SE Ohio not going to get much warmer working on shelving for my recycle bins then maybe train work. Kicking around
the Idea of changing my layout don't care for some of the work
I haven't got any scenery down just track. shouldn't be to hard to adjust the the things I want to change

Have a good day

Mark

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  10:04:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy bright today after a night of real light snow after a light glazing of rain. I just cleaned the heavy snow off the truck as itís sat since the snow earlier in the week. Iíll venture out shortly for a bit, pick up new glasses, a Rx, return some wire to Menards and gas up the truck. Prep for a trip to GR tomorrow for ops at Chubbís

Everyone have a good day, weekend is about upon the rest of us, Ricks probably winding down.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  10:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Coffee, hot water for tea and diet Dr. Peppers are ready to go.

Had to post this for Jerry today.

Pork Roll, egg and cheese on a bagel for breakfast today.

Cloudy and mid 40's in Joisey today.

Karl, I stopped in earlier and opened up, but the forum swallowed up my post into the ether.
Even my back button trick didn't work.
So I gave up.

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  1:06:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The errands have been run. The car has been maintained but the free 30,000 mile check up cost 30 bucks for a new cabin filter and labor to install as it is not part of the agreement. Image that. We walked 2miles round trip to breakfast while the car was worked on and cleaned. Got back and the service guy said the sales manager was looking for us. Her ears must have burning as we talked about a new vehicle as we were driving in. No good deal so we passed on the deal offered.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 11/30/2018 :  3:12:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tloc

The errands have been run. The car has been maintained but the free 30,000 mile check up cost 30 bucks for a new cabin filter and labor to install as it is not part of the agreement. Image that. We walked 2miles round trip to breakfast while the car was worked on and cleaned. Got back and the service guy said the sales manager was looking for us. Her ears must have burning as we talked about a new vehicle as we were driving in. No good deal so we passed on the deal offered.

TomO

No idea what youíre driving but Iím sure the sales manager wants to get you into a new one with a warranty before you start having to pay for service, that stuff isnít a nickel and dime thing anymore. My son is a service adviser at a major dealership in the area and they start out at $129 per hour, the first hour, then it goes up over $200 for additional hours on repairs.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  07:59:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow the start of another month. This retirement is tough, the days just fly bye. Good morning from still dark So. Wisconsin where the high today of 39f degrees may get rid of the white ground cover.

The diet sodas are cooling in the frig with the Dr. Peppers up front. Some pancakes with sides of ham and Nuetzkes thick sliced ham. Fresh fruit and hot coffee are ready. Enjoy.

Karl: Car purchases are an evil I have always hated. Dad, was in the car business and even briefly (4 yrs) had a Chevy agency in the 70ís till he purchased a campground in No. Central Wisconsin in 1974. I know how the game used to be played. Hated it then, still do now. My dad did of course and now my brother absolutely love the process. My wife has a couple cars, a VW Tiguan and thatís the one the dealer wants and a nice little 2 seater from another German company. We both understand the game but Terry countered the offer and we figure we will hear from them today.

Hockey game at 2 today, taking the family and the daughterís business partner and her family.

Have a great day

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  08:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone.

Tom, thanks for the coffee and breakfast.
Buying a car is definitely a hassle.
Good luck.

Sun is out now but the clouds will roll in shortly and the rain started mid afternoon.

Where's Jerry?

Using up my vacation days the next 3 weekends.
Not sure yet what I'll do today.
Maybe go see a coworkers band play in PA.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  09:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning

Tom thanks for the coffee and breakfast.

That picture is more like it Rick thanks.

Yesterday Diane took me out to lunch at the Manor in W. Orange, NJ. A great place and beautiful to say the least.
It was for my birthday. Back a couple of week ago we've been busy so it got postponed until now.

Christmas decorations today and tomorrow outside.
Company tomorrow.

Bench time in between!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  09:18:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Thanks for opening Tom!

Still dabbling with the octagon tower. The upper section is somewhat finished. Laying out the base today.

Have a great day guys, pouring rain but mild temperature today.

kyle creel
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  10:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, well, well, good morning fellas and thanx for the b'fast. I've just completed another successful trip around the sun. Doesn't seem like it'll take a whole year to do it when you start out but I guess that's just the way the Good Lord planned it. This was the first time I ever pondered how many more times around are coming, vs. how many are piled up behind me, since I'd have to make another 65 trips just to break even. Sure has been fun though, all things taken into account. And I must say I'm looking forward to whatever the road ahead brings, 'cause since my near fatal heart attack 5 yrs. ago, I'm so glad to be on the sunny side of the dirt, seems there isn't anything more important than GOD, family and friends. (and trains). Hope ya'll have a great day. KYLE

David Clark
Fireman

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  12:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy birthday Kyle!
Cheers,
Dave

friscomike
Crew Chief

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  2:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit friscomike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Howdy folks,

Tom, thanks for coffee and breakfast. I needed them.

PC crashed yesterday morning and I have been restoring ever since. What a pain, even with backups.

It is another nice day on the Brazos. My wife and daughter are back from travels and it was nice to see them arrive around 1:30 AM...safely.

Watching OU/Texas football, not sure after that.

Have fun,
Mike

Okie logging camp diner (http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50236) and Okie logging camp kitchen: http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=47400&whichpage=1

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  9:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stick framing today. Making some headway. Time for a adult beverage.

Page: of 27 Topic Next Topic: Crooked Mile River  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000