Railroad Line Forums - COLD Friday the 12th Crew Lounge is OPEN
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 122 ]  [ Newest Member: CUT CEO ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 COLD Friday the 12th Crew Lounge is OPEN
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday morning, up and attem’ y’all Topic Next Topic: Thursday the 11th  

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  07:26:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good Morning RR-L Crew. It's COLD 36f degrees here in the Crossroads of America, Central Indiana.

Breakfast will be HOT, Pancakes with cranberries and walnut pieces in them along with Hot Maple Syrup and HOT sausage links... HOT Railbender Coffee with some chilled OJ on the side. Fat pills you can heat in the microwave if you desire. Cold cereal for those not as cold as the rest of us.

Well, we didn't get good news out of Mary's colonoscopy yesterday. The polyp that was found first three years ago, removed again last year has Returned, larger and growing into the small intestine wall at the joint between the large and small intestines. At least it's not cancer...yet. So an operation will be scheduled soon to remove a section of her small intestine and get rid of the problem we hope. Her mother had the same problem at the same age but her's was cancer. They got it all and she lived to 92.

That was just about the whole day yesterday so not much else going on here. I'm working on my pipe fittings for 1/16" styrene rod and they are coming out grrrreat as Tony the Tiger would say.

Everyone have a fun and Safe day in the COLD Train Yard.
Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  07:45:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Walt and the rest of the crew. It is 43 degrees and cloudy here in Rose Twsp, MI.

We are off to Lansing shortly for the NCR Convention. Layout tours, clinics, and meeting up with friends - we are looking forward to it!

Walt, our thoughts are with Mary.

Have a great day!

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  07:55:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Walt no breakfast just a Decaf our prayers for Mary nothing on the books today.
It's 41 here in SE Ohio Fall has arrived
Train time is back for me

Have a good day

Mark

railandsail
Section Hand

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  07:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How old is your wife, and/or how old when polyp first discovered?

I had a small one discovered at 70, and was told they sort of stop checking after 75 (my age now). But your notice sort of put it back to the front of my mind, as my father passed away as a result of colon cancer. Perhaps I need to ignore them and go for another test.

Send us some of that cool air down to Florida,... I said cool,...not cold

Brian

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  08:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brian, She'll be 74 in January. They found the first polyp 3 to 4 years ago just inside the large intestine. Small and removed. Next one 2 years ago and it was much larger and not a good shape, difficult but removed. Doctor had her back in as soon as Medicare would allow as he felt there was a good chance it would come back. But now it's gone into the wall of the small intestine right at the joint of the small and large intestines. Almost and exact repetition of her mother's issue. Except her mother didn't go to the doctor, fought it. He checked her blood and new she had cancer of some kind. That's when they found it in her intestine, had surgery to remove it the same way.
You get old, you're going to have these types of issues.

Walt

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  08:44:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning from N.E. Indiana. Got home late last night from Indy. Spent 2 days up on a lift at son's house working on his siding project. Intermittent rain on rain on Wednesday, and dry but windy yesterday. The lift he rented weigh 18,000 lbs, 20' X 8', and it will rise 43'. When it's elevated, it sways so much that after several hours, when you get off, it's like having stood on a flat bottom fishing boat. Even sitting in a chair, the feeling of movement persists. Really weird.

Thanks for opening Walt, hope Mary's surgery goes well, and recovery is quick.

We're supposed to head up to Lansing later.

Have a Super day!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  09:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew and Walt the best to Mary and you. Modern medicine is pretty damn good.

So. Wisconsin is cold at 33f degrees and little flecks of white stuff are falling. The weather guy is calling it snnnnnnow! Thankfully it melts when it hits the ground. I am not ready for this. High today is 43.

Fitness center is at 9. Cave time till dinner which is in downtown Madison at 6 and something after at 8. Last night we saw the musical Something Rotten and if this Broadway production shows up in your town, I recommend you see it. It was funny and great entertainment. Enjoy your day.

TomO

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  09:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tour day is here. 38 degrees and cloudy, a couple final preparations and we’re ready to go.

My doc has me on a more frequent regimen on scopes, would look elsewhere if a doc told me he quit looking for things. He could quit looking for, or up inside, me.

All the best to Mary, Walt, better to have the news and plan action to handle issues than to disregard or go clueless. My Doll disagrees to some degree as she feels Docs cut her father’s life short by mismanaging an issue at 62 and she’s not a fan of the ‘profession’

Cookies are made, coffee is brewing, sawdust is all in order....let the tours begin.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  09:44:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by k9wrangler

Tour day is here. 38 degrees and cloudy, a couple final preparations and we’re ready to go.

My doc has me on a more frequent regimen on scopes, would look elsewhere if a doc told me he quit looking for things. He could quit looking for, or up inside, me.

All the best to Mary, Walt, better to have the news and plan action to handle issues than to disregard or go clueless. My Doll disagrees to some degree as she feels Docs cut her father’s life short by mismanaging an issue at 62 and she’s not a fan of the ‘profession’

Cookies are made, coffee is brewing, sawdust is all in order....let the tours begin.

Karl

Have a great day and weekend.

I am on the 5 year plan by my doctors and agree the day they say no more tests. Look to another doctor.

Tom

mabloodhound
Fireman

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  09:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning. Heavy rain here in SE Mass. Quite a turn from the 70+ degrees we were having.
At least my outside work is caught up.
Walt set up a fine breakfast. I just need more coffee now.

Dave Mason
D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”~Benjamin Franklin
The 2nd Amendment, America’s 1st Homeland Security

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  10:04:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heat, humidity, rain are gone. Feels like autumn finally. Brilliant sunshine now, breezy. Able to open windows and shut down the A/C.

Walt, troubling as your wife's exam results are, it's early on and the doctors have a course of action that can take care of the problem. Very wise of you two for continuing the exams.

I was similarly dealing with lung cancer earlier this year, but it was at the very beginning, so surgery could be performed to eradicate the situation, no radiation or chemo needed.

Larry

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  12:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back from a physical. Apparently I have an enlarged but not cancerous prostate. Not sure what that means (other than I have to go a lot more frequently...) Doc didn't seem to be too worried about it.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

ocalicreek
Engine Wiper

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  1:13:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
At 43 I know, sadly, it is not too early to be cautiously proactive and have these exams done regularly. I don't look forward to the probing, but prefer it, and the peace of mind that follows, to the cancer. Personally I've been on a weight loss push this week. All summer I had hopes of dropping about 10 lbs gradually but after gaining 2 instead I decided to knuckle down and push. Those two pounds are gone plus one more. It is a hard season to try and lose weight as the cool weather seems to call for a pre-hibernation diet of holiday sweets and my boys have birthdays (cake) in September and October followed by my wife in November, then Thanksgiving...you get the picture. Even so, I know it is possible if a person puts their mind to it. All that said, coffee for me, thanks.

Walt - my prayers are with you and Mary.

Not so much modeling today as resetting the garage for the next phase of benchwork - adding some trim strips to the fascia.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 10/12/2018 :  7:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Previous Topic: Saturday morning, up and attem’ y’all Topic Next Topic: Thursday the 11th  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000