Railroad Line Forums - Thursday...getting there
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 4 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 80 ]  [ Total: 84 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday...getting there
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: TGIF Topic Next Topic: Workday Wednesday Lounge  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  06:37:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning fellows (and any ladies hanging around here). Having a good week. NFL exhibition games (not "preseason" in my eyes) get rolling big time this evening. Much ado, or a show about, nothing.

Still hot and heavy around here weather-wise (SEPA). Looks like I've got a small salad for breakfast...I eat anything. But for a change it's something healthy.

Tonight is our weekly ops session. Prior to that we'll be doing some weathering on the gas station area and adding some static grass.

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  06:55:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening, Larry. The salad selections this morning were great.
After dining out at one of those "all you can eat" restaurants last night, then playing with the band...a salad is pretty much all I can go for this morning. (big grin)
Today I am doing some fence building...no, not with the neighbours...everything's okay on that front.
As part of the lumber yard kit I'm making, there are a lot of wood strips that are offered for make a fence around the lumber yard...so I'd better hustle over to the workbench now..after I've finished my salad!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Edited by - Mike Hamer on 08/09/2018 06:55:43 AM

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  07:23:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry, Mike and crew. Gotta have something fattening for breakfast. The waffle iron is on, the lounge committee sprung for real maple syrup, and we have some eggs any way you like. There's a variety pack of RR-Line Keurig blends on the counter.

I'm taking the pickup in for inspection this morning. I plan to do some things with my Cricut machine later today. Tonight, I have a meeting at the train club. A busy day in the life of a retiree.

Have a good day.
George

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  08:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Crew sorry Blazeman don't understand your way of thinking on breakfast I'll have to go with George's fixin's with a Cup of decaf not much to do today feeling a little down today It's 72 and cloudy here in SE Ohio had a slight shower yesterday expecting more rain tomorrow. I need to get over this funk
I'm in this happens once in awhile goes along with my
health problems Oh well it soon shall pass!!!

Have good All
Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  08:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the crew. This will be our last day in Kansas City. We've had a great time. The Convention Committee did a terrific job.

Yesterday we visited the National WWI Museum. It was fantastic.

Today I give one last clinic from 11am till noon, and it is our goal to be on the road back to Michigan by 1pm.

I will also check to see if I was the high bidder on anything in the auction. I put bids in on two structures, one piece of MOW equipment, and a Doodlebug. Of course a rational person would question if I 'Need' any of that stuff.

Off I go, have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  08:41:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dutchman

I will also check to see if I was the high bidder on anything in the auction. I put bids in on two structures, one piece of MOW equipment, and a Doodlebug. Of course a rational person would question if I 'Need' any of that stuff.

Off I go, have a great day!

Don't worry, Bruce. There ain't no rational people hanging out around here.

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  09:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and pleasant this morning after a nice open window night. Going to go back to 80s, tho, today.

Iím not sure on the breakfast debate, eggs, grits and sausage with biscuits sounds so logical to me. But then, whatís logic doing messing with the fun?

Everyone have a good day, safe travels home to everyone in KC.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  09:50:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. Breakfast and salads, ok Iíll try both as they both are so good. I know some of you guys need the big silver urn going so I loaded it up with Pullman Porter Blend, Jim will be happy! I will have a diet Dr Pepper my one caffeine drink of the day.

Getting ready to cut the green stuff, it is starting to look a little shaggy. I have stayed out of the trainroom the last couple days but today I have about 20 more trees to plant, some ballast and fix the rail in front of the plastic extrusion plant.

Have a good day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 08/09/2018 09:50:56 AM

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  7:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening crew! Tom thanks for filling the silver cylinder. George thanks for the real unreal breakfast. I just got back to the hotel from a busy day. I did a couple of back to back clinics this afternoon and talked myself hoarse. Quite an interest in 3D printing and scratchbuilding. George would have liked this deal...A Stewart FT-A and FT-B in Great Northern Livery sealed in the original dual package, won in the silent auction $35. It was the only thing I won, and I am pretty pleased with that one.

Two more clinics early tomorrow morning and we'll be a day behind Bruce and Bonnie heading east. I met jbvb yesterday (nice guy) and he brought his 5 Strong St. building for 'show and tell'. If he had gotten a chance to complete it, it would be right up up there. It seems so much smaller 'in the flesh', than in the photos. It's a beautifully done model.

Have a Super rest of the day!

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/09/2018 :  11:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was indeed a Super Day! Burley Jim won a number of contest awards that he has not found necessary to mention. His commuter car was on display, and nicely done it was, as was his other stuff.

Congratulations, Jim!

One scratchbuilt locomotive has me considering trying knitting instead of model railroading-- a scratchbuilt 0-6-0, exquisitely done, and in N-scale, no less. Modeler turned his own drivers, soldered the spokes into the things, and so on. Complete cab interior, and a whole bunch of parts I could hardly see even with a flashlight. Just Wow!

Make it a great day, folks!

Pete
in Michigan

Previous Topic: TGIF Topic Next Topic: Workday Wednesday Lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000