Railroad Line Forums - Tuesday get Ďer moviní lounge.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 117 ]  [ Total: 123 ]  [ Newest Member: brianrudko ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Tuesday get Ďer moviní lounge.
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Workday Wednesday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Museum of Miniatures in France  

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  07:44:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pea soup and hot boiler makers coffee to get going this morning....ícept the soup is outside -fog- Cookie has some eggs, grits, toast and tea. Waltís oatmeal, too.

Took a roadtrip with the Doll yesterday to Allen MI 15 miles N of the Indiana border. Itís a place known for their antique shops and little else. One big mall there, known as Hog Creek, is keeping the reputation up, the other cluster of shops is lackluster to say the least. We had a storm deluge us there and the resultant flooding in the parking area was fun to try and negotiate. She managed to find a way to test the capacity of her new, to her, 4Runner. She bought a glass display case and we loaded it up into the back of the vehicle with no problem. The vehicle as a table at the back gate that pulls out a foot and a half, much like funeral coach, that you can put up to 400 lb and then slide it into the back.

Today Iím off in the soup to take my Tacoma to the dealer for a repair of a minor, if there is such a thing, oil leak. Itís not, however, in a minor location so they need it a couple of days. Kind of irritated about it but at least they found it and are taking care of it with no hassle.

Reading between the lines, I guess some sort of congratulations are in order for a member of the elites in KC.

Great day to all. Stay cool, stay dry, and be safe. Oh yeah, we did finally get a bit of rain in the passage of a couple lines of weather yesterday.
Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  07:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for a great breakfast, Karl! Man those motorized vehicles...we can't live without them but sometimes it feels like we can't live with them either!

We're getting rain up here in Ottawa today. Lots of thunder and lightning last night...man... the sky was flashing so much outside the window that our bedroom felt just like a discotheque!
The lawns and plants need the rain so I'm not complaining. Hehehe.

So...being indoors, I will simply continue with the build I am working on. Have a great day everyone!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Edited by - Mike Hamer on 08/07/2018 07:57:19 AM

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  08:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Busy day here today. A friend is stopping by for lunch, the furnace people are coming to get the system ready for winter, I have an ultrasound at the hospital ("Is it a boy or a girl?") and then a meeting of the town commission I'm on early evening. Wife has a meeting in Concord this evening, fortunately someone else is driving. So no train work today.

Stay cool, everyone!

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  08:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Karl and crew. Hot and humid in Tidewater Virginia, but no rain. I've got to spray some weeds that are trying to take over the edges of the yard.

I cut some 1/64" plywood with my Cricut machine yesterday. That stuff is tough. I'm cutting out 4x8 sheets of plywood. It's slow going, but I only need about 20 sheets.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  08:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl and the rest of the crew. It looks like we might get some showers today in Kansas City.

Yesterday I gave two clinics - one in the first time slot at 8am and the second in the last time slot at 9 pm. Both had good sized groups and were well-received.

Today I give one clinic at a more civilized time of 1 pm.

Have a great day!

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  08:43:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Karl, Dave, George, and the incoming crew. Just here waiting for the gang shuttle to the Convention. We're staying in a economy motel (kinda). Parking is free vs $18 a day. Nice room but not within the 2 blocks (without a flak jacket), they claimed when I got the reservation. It's just shy of a mile. 97 yesterday. Supper was an experience last night.

A bunch of clinics circled on the schedule for today. A lot of items in the Silent Auction, apparently listed by P.T. Barnum.

Well, I see the shuttle pulling in.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Edited by - BurleyJim on 08/07/2018 08:44:31 AM

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  08:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rainy and gray in Hoosier land today. No modeling last night,but... so the sediment bowl on the air compressor water separator cracked and although it didn't really create a problem there was a constant annoying hiss. Simple enough change the bowl-but the style was long out of production. Fine so I purchase a new water separator-easy simple 5 minute fix. BUT-the housing top on the new separator will not clear the oil drain pipe on the compressor housing-fine remove the drain pie, install the separator, reinstall the drain pipe. In the course of removing the the drain pipe plug, it falls into the oil catch cup-but I can't dig it out because I am holding a towel under the oil outlet and I need a free hand to remove the drain pipe-needless to say I end up with oil on the floor,my shoes,the front of the compressor and I just used the last paper towel. I'm just wondering what hobbies do not require an air compressor.
Doug

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  08:46:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew from home in Wisconsin. Yep, I cut the Route 66 trip short and then my Austin stay short. The heat and humidity was too much so I got a plane ride home, arrive to hot and humid Wisconsin at 7 last night. I like Austin but being alone, Iíd rather be home and the grandkids are only a few minutes away.

Sitting on my deck so it feels really good.

Guys in KC...what did Pete go and get elected to?

Dave, ultrasounds, I get 2 a year for my throat, no kiddos for me, hope all is good.

Karl, had to leave the SUV in Austin as it wouldnít fit on the plane but I wonít get it back from the dealer for awhile anyway. The keying damage was worst then they thought. They think it was a knife not a key! Glad the Dollís new toy didnít drown in that parking lot.

Mike, I actually find I accomplish more on hot humid or rainy summer days in the train room then any other time. Oh yeah, the discotheque...dating yourself!

George, are you over working the circuit or are you in love...

Enjoy the day
TomO

Edited by - tloc on 08/07/2018 08:51:17 AM

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  10:21:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Humming along here in my Jersey Valley. Making more progress on the steam pipe structure for the mine. Working on the footers and then the last couple pipe sections for aisle side of the structure.

A few regional convention items to deal with, this morning. But, I think I have that under control.

Pete is now President of the NMRA. Congrats, Pete!

Back to the work bench. Have a good one!

Chuck

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  10:48:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Pete is now President of the NMRA.

Someone's been a bad boy,

Our power dropped out yesterday ~ 6 pm -- nice sunny day although thunder in the distance....just under 4 hours later it was back, but it gets really quiet and dark in the neighborhood.......nice!

Been to the garden today; 2 good sized fauns outside the garden and the doe inside the neighbor's garden. Fauns took off, and the doe took the 4' fence out of the garden like it wasn't even there. Got an abundance of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, and even a nice pile of beans.........and no more squash!!!

A day in the home office working with the Editor hat one; breaks in the shop and just maybe into the layout room.

Iíd say that your chances are as thin as a homeopathic soup made
from the shadow of a pigeon that died of starvationÖ

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  10:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvrr

Pete is now President of the NMRA. Congrats, Pete!
Chuck

Thanks Chuck, I was afraid of that. CONGRATS Pete you will do a great job. I will now join the NMRA, Pete to me is in tune with modelers.

TomO

ocalicreek
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  12:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our fog today is orange - sunlight filtered through wildfire smoke. I'll take living on Mars for a few hours as it means the morning will be cooler. Chores today include changing bedsheets and cleaning a bathroom, all part of the weekly rotation. Modeling today is more 'interior' work on the Fallburgh station.

Martin - sounds like a wonderful garden. Ours has been sluggish this year though we had an abundance of peas in the springtime.

Mike H - I remember the wonderful lightning storms we had in Central Florida, and I miss them.

Another wonderful structure from Chuck - woohoo! Looking forward to pictures of that build...

Have a good day, all, especially the convention goers. One of these days I'll get to one.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  12:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]
Another wonderful structure from Chuck - woohoo! Looking forward to pictures of that build...

Well, thanks, Galen. But, don't get too excited. To me, this is just a large detail for the coal mine scene. Basically pipes and supports.

Chuck

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  8:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back for the day and back from supper, much less exciting than yesterday. One of the guys from our region was at the local Burger King during an armed robbery last night. Hold the cheese! It was a lot funnier today than yesterday.

Some truly unbelievable models in the contest room. I think Bruce grabbed some shots today. Tomorrow I'll spend the day evaluating models. It's a full day but really a great learning experience. I'll be out of here early tomorrow morning and probably won't be back until after 11 PM. Cub game tomorrow night.

Jim

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/07/2018 :  10:36:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the kind words, All! Appreciate them!

The formal handover is Thursday evening at the Annual General Meeting. I'll have a good Board to work with, and things are under control right now.

Again, I appreciate the kind words!

Pete
in Michigan
but really in KC needing a long nap

Previous Topic: Workday Wednesday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Museum of Miniatures in France  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000