Railroad Line Forums - Monday Morning Lounge Is Open
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 124 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: neiler ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Monday Morning Lounge Is Open
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Museum of Miniatures in France Topic Next Topic: Sunday Morning lounge
Page: of 2

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  07:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning incoming crew
The breakfast is simple Bacon and Eggs any style with sourdough bread coffee is ash pit blend and decaf hot tea and Oatmeal fresh fruit on the bar along with fresh donuts. weather
here in SE Ohio is 77 and humid last week I bought a new GMC Sierra went back to a full size truck first one in a long time traded
in my canyon going to clean up the garage today !!

Have a great day in the yard

Mark

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  08:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Mark and crew. No rain in the forecast for Tidewater Virginia.

I'm going for a bike ride this morning and then I have to wait around for the glass guy this afternoon. We have a small star on the windshield that was patched and is now growing. That means a new windshield. I have stringers to run between the rafters on my current project, so I have a lot to keep me busy while waiting.

Have a good day.
George

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  08:15:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Mark, George and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Back from our weekend trip to Greenfield Village in Detroit area. Had a lot of fun and took lots of pictures.
Here's a few of them:

I'll post more photos later on if I get the chance. Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Sunny Train Yard.

Walt

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  08:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Top of the morning to Mark, George and Walt and all the other crew aboard this train.
Mark, that new truck of yours must be a nice one!
George, those kind of stars are the ones we don't want to see!
Walt, those are some nice images from your trip. Thanks for keeping us posted. Nice to see you back home safe and sound.
Today is Holiday Monday in Ontario. With the humidex reading reaching 40 degrees Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) I'll be sticking indoors for much of the day except for taking the dog out for some business.
Enjoy your day wherever you may be!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Edited by - Mike Hamer on 08/06/2018 08:28:30 AM

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  09:09:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike. It was a fun trip but OH SO HOT. We didn't see as much as we wanted to because of the heat... 95 out in the sun is a bit much for this old man.

Here are some more photos:

This photo is a bit special. This is a fox (think a red panda) who was playing in a field there in the Village. He wasn't afraid of the people, who kept their distance. He laid in the grass and roll around enjoying himself.

Walt

Edited by - Rusty Stumps on 08/06/2018 09:09:42 AM

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  09:11:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew -thanks for the open Mark. Another hot and muggy day in central Indiana-rain and cooler temps moving in tonight. I just saw on E-bay a post card of the LE&W depot at Mexico Indiana sold for 158.00-that is probably a hundred
dollars more than total ticket sales at that depot. Hope everyone has a great day.
Doug

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  09:30:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain and storms stared here an hour or so ago, before I got going, it;s 70 degrees and it appears 2 waves of storms are moving thru the area. We need the rain and will hope for the best with side effects of the storms, wind and hail are in the Weather STATEMENT just issued.

Glad youíre weekend wend well, Walt. Greenfield Village, aka ďthe Henry FordĒ is a treasure. Iíve not been to the museum part in many years. C&O 1601 is impressive.

Laziness befell me yesterday and I got little done other than procrastination.

Gotta get moving, everyone have a good, healthy day.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Edited by - k9wrangler on 08/06/2018 09:47:27 AM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  09:33:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone

Walt thanks for the pictures great job.

Looks to be another beach day here in Jersey!!

Everyone have a great day!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  09:39:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, thanks Mark for opening and breakfast. High today is a continuing of the high 90ís in Austin, so another day in the shade and pool. Even the sonís dogs are taking it easy. Great pictures Walt, looks like a place worth visiting.

Have a great day
TomO

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  09:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here I am at the Cleveland Clinic, Lucy is getting an mri the first building we went to had a power problem so we have been shipped to another. Now the wait is on. Going to be hot like 92 this afternoon so itís train time in the basement. Time to read the forum. Tom

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  11:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If procrastination is an accomplishment, I get a lot done!!!

More trackwork in the cool basement. I need to check on the Homabed order.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

ocalicreek
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  11:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning all. Our heat wave let up for the weekend with temps in the low 90s. This week it looks to climb back into the 100s. Bad news for the firefighters. We aren't in danger but we know folks who have been evacuated. Pray, if you do, for those displaced by fire and the brave folks who fight to protect our homes and land from its effects.

On a sad personal note, today I am going through the experience of all the moments my cat would have done this or that. I found her last night on the floor having just died unexpectedly. We still don't know what caused it but she was only 10. Her name was Mavis - named after one of the engines on the Thomas the Tank Engine series. She is the first of our pets to die that our boys have grown up with.

As for modeling, I am going to cut out and install beadboard and chair rail inside the Fallburgh station model today. This is from a printout of an image I made using Gimp. So far, so good. This is new territory for me so there's been a learning curve but I am encouraged by the results.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  12:38:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your cat, Galen. I know how hard it is to lose a pet. At least you didn't have to make The Decision for her.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

ocalicreek
Engine Wiper

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  3:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit ocalicreek's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Dave, I appreciate your thoughts. We've been there, done that, with a previous cat and you bet its hard.

Galen

My Train Blog: http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  5:37:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening crew from KC Missouri. Mark, thanks for opening up the lounge today. A full day and a half between yesterday and today. Typical Convention minor bumps and bruises, but some very thoughtful and well put together clinics.

Some outstanding models on display, I'll bring my camera tomorrow. There is a 16' long SteelMill Modelers model that is just amazing. Actually makes rolled steel billets (gotcha!) Just kidding. It really is terrific.

We went on a dinner train last night, and the couple who joined us at out table, were from New South Wales. Austrailia. Interesting conversations.

Pete is looking Presidential, but otherwise normal.

Bruce and Bonnie are getting tired of driving, but having a good time.

Have a Super day!

Jim

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/06/2018 :  6:01:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening from Kansas City!

I was up early to give my first clinic in the 8a.m. time slot. You never know about those early clinic times, but the room was indeed full. I give my next clinic in the last time slot today - 9 p.m. We will see how many stay awake in that one.

We met up with Jim this morning and have been running into Pete frequently. I took some photos in the Contest Room with my phone today, but will stop back again with my camera.

Chuck will be interested in a coal mine fan house that is on display. I'll try to post photos tomorrow.

Walt, great shots from your Michigan trip!

Enjoy the remainder of the day.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Museum of Miniatures in France Topic Next Topic: Sunday Morning lounge  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.56 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000