Railroad Line Forums - Sunday Morning lounge
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 129 ]  [ Total: 132 ]  [ Newest Member: stutz ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Sunday Morning lounge
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Monday Morning Lounge Is Open Topic Next Topic: Pittsburgh Train Derailment  

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  08:15:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew from Columbia, Missouri. There is a Walmart here. OK, enough fun! The coffee urn is ready with Boilermaker brew. There's yuppie cups in the hotel lobby. Machine flippin' waffles, and hard boiled eggs. Day old bagels, and watery cream cheese. Mmmm.

Here's the bridge from friday...

2700+ feet long and just too wide to fit in the 17mm wide angle lens. I'll try and post a few more in a little while.

Have a Super day!

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  08:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So there really is a bridge, lol... Nice picture, any plans to model it? Glad your trip is safe and good to see you creeping up on KC.

My brother called last night, he is in Arizona after a couple months in Europe. He asked where I was and said Austin. Is that on Route 66? Told him no, I cut thetrip short. He wants me to come to his place early he wants to get some financials in order. Asked if he was getting married again, I got a confusing answer. Told him its easy, give 60% to nieces and the nephew while he is alive to see the joy, keep the other 40 to live on and give it to charity when you pass. He thought all that was funny!

Sort of bored in Austin, even the pool water is too warm here. But while very beautiful, I prefer my landscapes back in Wisconsin. I am going to cut some plywood into 3 strips and then organize my sons shop. All in nice A/C set to 80.

Enjoy the day
TomO

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  08:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Jim, Tom and crew. That's quite a bridge< Jim. What railroad?

Just coffee for me, we're leaving shortly for Williamsburg for breakfast with our grandson and his girl friend. Not sure where we're going, but there are plenty of pancake houses there to pick from.

Have a good day.
George

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  08:54:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Jim and the rest of the crew. It is sunny and warm here in Kansas City.

After a day of meetings, we went to a Barbecue place for dinner last night. It was located in a railroad themed eatery, and we ate in an old heavyweight Pullman car. It was next to the BNSF double tracked line, and there was plenty of trains coming by while we were eating.

After that, we visited Stephen & Cinthia Priest's house to look at their layout. Some will know that Cinthia is the Editor of the NMRA Magazine and Stephen is the Editor of RMC. Their layout is Santa Fe based, designed for operations,beautifully sceniced, double decked, and huge.

Off for a little exploring this morning. Later this afternoon, clinics will begin.

Have a great day!

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  09:38:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunny and warm, headed to hot this afternoon. After some chores this morning I'll tinker with the layout some.

I had a fine time at the ops session yesterday.

Everyone have a fine Summer Sunday.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  09:50:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
George,

It's actually only 2,295 feet long and still active on the Indiana Railroad. I just missed the train by about 5 minutes.

Jim

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  10:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning all! Jim and Bruce...some great looking images of bridges from both your trips.
Jim, my wife and I enjoy doing puzzles. If we took that lovely image of yours with all that goldenrod and cloudy sky and turned it into a puzzle...it'd be a darn challenge to complete! Hehehe!
Played with the band last night. A British Invasion theme with tons of Beatles, Stones, Kinks and Animals tunes thrown in the mix.
Will find some workbench time today as it is too darned hot and humid to spend too much time in the great outdoors!
Enjoy the day all!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  10:00:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

George,

It's actually only 2,295 feet long and still active on the Indiana Railroad. I just missed the train by about 5 minutes.

Jim

In all seriousness that is a beautiful picture you posted. Google Earth shows a viewing stand, is that where your picture is from? That field in front of the trestle intrigues me, duplicating that would be cool.

Be safe
Tom

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  10:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning, everyone. Looks like the temps are starting to ratchet up. It is nice to see the sun for a prolonged period of time, though.

I started working on the steam pipes for the mine, yesterday. I am going to run out of pipe supports, though. So, that will be a future purchase. At least I have enough to finish the foreground side of the mine. But, I don't think I will have much time to work on it, today. We are out and about this afternoon before heading for dinner at the diner.

Have a good one, everyone!

Chuck

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  11:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any place that considers "80" to be "air conditioned" is not a place -I- want to live. We're having hot and humid in SE NH, it's supposed to get a bit cooler and drier by mid-week. Did I mention I hate August?

I painted 6 pieces of flextrack last night (after doing tie trimming, etc). I should do at least another 6 pieces. And then I need to get back to making HOn30 turnouts, it looks like there might be a problem with one of my FastTrack jigs. That won't stop me from making progress.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  4:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

Any place that considers "80" to be "air conditioned" is not a place -I- want to live. We're having hot and humid in SE NH, it's supposed to get a bit cooler and drier by mid-week. Did I mention I hate August?
dave

Normally I would agree Dave but its high 90s for weeks on end here if it is not over 100 a 20 degree drop is cold. I could never live here or Arizona (my next stop) full time and have explained that to my wife numerous times in the last few months. Nice to visit...

Tom

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  6:13:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave maybe you should have moved to the North Pole!!

Jerry

"And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  6:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did move to NH from VA to try to escape this heat. But global warming, or at least local warming, seems to have followed me up here.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 08/05/2018 :  7:26:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

I did move to NH from VA to try to escape this heat. But global warming, or at least local warming, seems to have followed me up here.

dave

I know you did! I guess the warm weather just loves you!!

Jerry

"And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Previous Topic: Monday Morning Lounge Is Open Topic Next Topic: Pittsburgh Train Derailment  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000