Railroad Line Forums - It's Friday!!! Again!!
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 6 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 118 ]  [ Total: 124 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 It's Friday!!! Again!!
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Water traps  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  06:48:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tussle getting the computer to work today, then a lot of work stuff right off the bat. Well, that's why I'm here.

B-L-T today, my usual Friday celebration. Summertime tomatoes locally grown make a big difference.

Big day tomorrow: Down to the Timonium area in the AM to view David Hughes WM layout, and up to Allentown in the evening to see my second college roomie (after 45 years) at an Iron Pigs game.

Another satisfying ops session last evening. Planting the seeds for the host to add some to the layout. I convinced him to add an extension two years ago using a HCD as the base. He commented last night he "enjoyed doing this section more than any other." Made me feel good.

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  07:34:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
GOOD Morning Larry and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Not sure what if at all is for breakfast. We're on a sort of fast track this morning as we are leaving, hopefully, for a weekend trip to Greenfield Village in Dearborn Michigan. Going to meet up with oldest son and his wife plus also our youngest son for a fun weekend trip.

Issue right now is Tippy, our other cat, is having problems. We had him scheduled at the Pet Palace for the weekend but now need to see if the Vet's office will take him as he's having some bowel issues. Never remember our cats having as much issues as the ones we have had lately.

So, everyone have a FUN SUNNY Weekend and I'll be back Monday, God willing.

Walt

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  07:36:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening, Larry. That BLT was the best I've tasted in years! Sounds like a great session you enjoyed last night. Isn't it nice to see a suggestion you make come to fruition in such a positive way!
Walt, safe travels and enjoy your trip!

Last night I enjoyed an outdoor concert in downtown Ottawa with my wife and friends. While walking back to the car I turned around to notice this gorgeous sunset over the Ottawa River.
The building to the right is the grand Canadian National Hotel, the Chateau Laurier.
The locks leading down to the Ottawa River are part of our famous Rideau Canal system.
The bridge in the distance used to be the railroad that trains traversing the country would use...now it's just a roadway and pedestrian span.
That's the province of Quebec on the other side of the river.
Out of view to the left would be our Parliament Buildings.

That's all for the geography lesson today. Now it's back to the workbench to begin the third structure on the Mt. Albert Lumber Yard.
Have a great day everyone!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

Edited by - Mike Hamer on 08/03/2018 07:38:11 AM

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  07:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, thanks for opening Larry, Walt tough to hear about your cat and Mike that is a beautiful picture with a great insight into what we are looking at.

I got the coffee, the urn, yes Jim the big silver one, is filled with MOW which is a very thick strong oil tasting coffee, glad I donít drink the stuff. The K-cups, a favorite of Jimís, are neatly arranged with the decaf out in the front row next to the black and silver machine.

The travelers unless they were pokey should be in KC. Bruce and Jim both are within a day drive from Michigan and Indiana. I am beginning to miss home back in Wisconsin but the views while different here are still beautiful. Austin is a great area and it should be a nice day since they are only predicting 99f degrees. I might walk down to the lake and see if it is any cooler than the pool temperature.

Enjoy your day
TomO

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  08:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the crew. I love that photo, Mike!

Bonnie and I are in a B&B in the town of Jacksonville, ILL. We are on our way to the National Convention, and have about another 5 hours to go on the road. We had dinner last night in a great Italian restaurant in a nicely restored Chicago & Alton RR Station. It is great to see these re-purposed.

Have a great day!

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  08:45:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry and crew. We have rain in the forecast (again!) in Tidewater Virginia. We have a minor emergency here at my house. I'm down to my last bottle of beer, so the highest priority errand this morning is a beer run.

Have a good day.
George

mwbpequod
Fireman

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  09:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
We have rain in the forecast (again!) in Tidewater Virginia.

It's raining now in No. Va...again....

Maybe run a few errands, work in the shop, and a bit on the layout.

Probably start building an Ark in the afternoon....

Iíd say that your chances are as thin as a homeopathic soup made
from the shadow of a pigeon that died of starvationÖ

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  09:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We managed to get a bit of rain and a light show shortly after dark last night after doing a good job of dodging rain most of the afternoon.

I'll add some eggs, grits and sausage to the buffet table this morning. Grandma Sweeter's patented biscuits and fresh churned butter as well. Buttermilk from that as an offering, I'll not be 'enjoying'

More work took place on the layout, can't tell from day to day but it is progressing at a snail's pace.

Things to do. Everyone have a fine day, safe and healthy.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  3:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike: While you were at the concert enjoying the scenic ambiance, I did catch a few plays of the Red Black game on TV last night, maybe not too far from where you were.

Something for everyone...benefit of living in a national capital.

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  8:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from Effingham. Illinois. We left at 7 AM and got here at 6 PM. Yes its only 232 miles. Yes. it was supposed to take 4 hrs and 11 minutes. We took a little side trip and went off the GOS grid for several hours. No not an alien abduction, we went to see the world's largest steel trestle bridge located in Tulip. Indiana. Non-existant from the Garmin or GM nav systems. (play theme from the X-files) My cf reader has turned up broken, so I'll have to wait until I get back home to upload the shots I took. As luck would have it, after driving 3 hours in the wilderness, we missed the Indiana Railroad engine pulling a 4 car load over the half mile long trestle.

We'll find another back road item of interest as we mosey our way to KC.

Jim

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/03/2018 :  8:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

No not an alien abduction, we went to see the world's largest steel trestle bridge located in Tulip. Indiana. Non-existant from the Garmin or GM nav systems. (play theme from the X-files) My cf reader has turned up broken, so I'll have to wait until I get back home to upload the shots I took. As luck would have it, after driving 3 hours in the wilderness, we missed the Indiana Railroad engine pulling a 4 car load over the half mile long trestle.
Jim

Jim

A bridge, really a bridge and you are only in Illinois. Boy, I hope Donna enjoyed the side trip to the bridge! I hope it was a planned side trip? A bridge........are you going to model this thing?

Just kidding glad you are having fun, you are right?

At least you found the bridge, I once went looking for a coal mine conveyor north of Springfield, Illinois on I55 and for the
4 or so miles I drove along this green thing I never thought that was the conveyor. My wife stills laughs when we head north out of St. Louis rem8nding me not to miss it as we go past Springfield. I think I got better pictures from Google Earth then I did in my camera.

Safe trip
a bridge

Tom

Previous Topic: Saturday Lounge Topic Next Topic: Water traps  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000