Railroad Line Forums - Thursday, Aug 2
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 7 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 135 ]  [ Newest Member: Midwest Mark ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Thursday, Aug 2
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Shinohara News Topic Next Topic: Ali Alamedy’s Miniature Dioramas  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  06:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Top o' the morning, all. Red sky at sunrise on the way in.

Doughnuts from the local fairgrounds facility this morning. Same place that hosts the Mid Atlantic Narrow Gauge Guild each May. I really need to start eating a better breakfast several days a week. I need to find out where Burley Jim buys his coffee blends. Haven't come across the ones he gets.

From comments yesterday, a number of group are getting ready for Kansas City. Back and forth safely, fellow model railroaders, and have a grand time while you are there.

Larry

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  07:44:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the RR-L Crew. Nice fine sunny morning at that. Maybe, just maybe, no rain today.

Oatmeal and tea for me and coffee a bit later. It's working so why change the routine.

Got my still up and running the other day and it puts out about 1 gallon of IPA an hour. Fact is it's better than the original IPA on cleaning parts and it will save lots of money in the long run.

Mary and I made a quick round trip to Champlain ILL. yesterday. Out about 8:30AM and Back by 2:30pm. Picked up the Epson R3000 printer and it's back in like new condition. Also so the MASSIVE Kraft Cheese and Macaroni plant there in Champlain. Fact is the company I had repair the printer was just around the corner. Can't imagine they use that much Mac & Cheese as that plant in MASSIVE.

Everyone have a Fun and Safe day in the Sunny Train Yard.

Walt

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  07:56:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Larry, Walt and crew. It looks like the rain is holding off till this afternoon, so a bike ride is scheduled for this morning.

I'm taking my Cricut machine to the club this evening for a demonstration. It requires an internet connection to work, and the club doesn't have one. However, Cricut has an iPhone app, so I'll be using my phone to run the machine.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  08:54:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Overcast, fresh air in the 60-70 range and 60% rain chance. There is some on NW of me headed away.. While at my mother yesterday a sharp popping lightning punctuated storm came up and left a bit of rain. The temp was 66 there when I left. By the time I got home 45 miles NW of her it was sunny, clear and dry as a bone. The temp was back up to 84.

I worked some on the layout last night. More today is the plan.

Everyone have a good day. Safe travels.

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  09:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew. Larry thanks for opening and Jim’s coffee blends are available virtually anywhere. I loaded the silver urn with Ashpit Blend, straightened out the K-cups next to the machine. Mark there are still some de-caf in there! Fresh Cinnabon rolls.

I am in Austin as the Route 66 trip was very disappointing. I will stay here until the 14th and head to Desert Mountain which is next to Cave Creek. The wife and sister will join me at my brothers on the 17th. With temperatures hovering around 100f degrees here, I will spend a lot of time in the pool.

My son says I should build another switching layout but down here. There is the storage room it is 7.5’ wide x 62’ long and totally empty and already dry walled. Maybe On3?

Enjoy your day
TomO

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  09:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew - thanks for opening Larry. Humidity dropped enough last night where I could finish painting the running gear and drivers for the Q2 I'm refurbishing - I never knew how much work that 2nd set of valve gear makes. Boiler and frame assemblies ready to go - need to do a little work on the long distance tender and we are done. Can't say its been fun project but certainly a learning experience. Hope everyone has a great day.
Doug

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  1:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon all. Just came in from giving the orange goat one last ride before heading west. About 75% of the stuff is packed, and only the train stuff, the bosses sewing stuff, and laptops are yet to be packed. Early morning departure scheduled. Last year, I had a working clinic example of heat related damage to plastic left in a hot car.

Thanks for opening Larry, like Tom said the coffee blends are between your ears.   Now, for the K-cups  ~~~~

Have a Super day!

Jim

Previous Topic: Shinohara News Topic Next Topic: Ali Alamedy’s Miniature Dioramas  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000