Railroad Line Forums - Hump Day (Wednesday)...
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 128 ]  [ Total: 131 ]  [ Newest Member: stutz ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 Hump Day (Wednesday)...
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Ali Alamedyís Miniature Dioramas Topic Next Topic: advice to a New laser cutter owner  

Blazeman
Section Hand

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  06:13:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for the working guys. For the other lucky souls, just another Saturday.

On a roll literally. More Taylor Pork Roll this morning, English muffin, Cooper Sharp cheese. Iced tea.

Burley Jim will man the coffee pot and select the beans as I don't use the stuff and supplement the menu with his usual educated palate.

In the mid-Atlantic we're just starting a week or so of on/off showers and storms with humidity thrown in. Don't want to contemplate if this was going on in January.

Spent lunch hour yesterday with the former president of the OPSIG who brought me up to date on some layouts of note (Jim Herzog's RDG Shamokin, and Ken McCorry's).

Rusty Stumps
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  07:41:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rusty Stumps's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and the rest of the RR-L Crew.

Just a quick breakfast of English muffin and tea as Mary and I are off to Champlain Illinois this morning on a quick round trip to pick up my repaired high end photo printer. Hopefully we make it back before the T-storms hit later today.

Everyone have a fun and safe day in the Train Yard.

Walt

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  08:51:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry, Walt and the rest of the crew. It is partly cloudy and 66 degrees here in Holly, MI. We had some good rain over night - the grass will be happy.

I'm off to the recycling center to get rid of flattened cardboard boxes. Then off to find a new barber shop.

I worked for an hour last night adding some slides to one of my presentations for Kansas City.

Packing later today for the trip.

Have a great day!

DWARN
New Hire

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the open Larry-good morning. Lots of rain yesterday in central hoosier land-today foggy and muggy. No modeling yesterday but hoping to get back at it later today. Hope every one has a great day.
Doug

ELK RIVER RR
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  09:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Larry and Walt on this hump day, and for those packing up to go to the nmra big show safe trip and have fun. Yesterday went to the clinic for testing so Lucy can have shoulder surgery next week. I guess iíll Be the chief bottle washer for awhile. Want to get in the basement a little bit so I guess itís time to go. See you later .Tom

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  09:18:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hazy sun and calm weather this morning, going to hit mid 80s I read. The heat is coming back big time this weekend and Iím sure the super cooler will be roaring again for a few days.

Iím off shortly to my motherís, itís her 96th birthday. Iíve framed a print of a photograph I took of a bright red hibiscus blossom in her neighborís yard recently and am picking up a custom cake on the way.

I worked on another 15 feet of fascia yesterday, I have now about 25-30 feet that need to be painted, Iíve filled all the screw holes and addressed the joints. Probably paint later today.

Everyone have a good day. Travelers pack your sun screen, the beaches in KC might be rather hot.....

Karl Scribner
HMFWBIC
Kentucky Southern Railway
and associated lines
Midwest Lower Michigan

Mike Hamer
Engineer

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  09:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike Hamer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for opening the lounge on this fine middle of the week Wednesday.
Karl...a great big Happy Birthday wish for your mom. She must be a fine lady!
Just dropped my daughter off at the airport. She's flying to Europe to do a "Bike and Tall Ship" week around the Zeiderzee and then a second week with her sister biking the Loire Valley in France. Oh...to be young again!
I'm off to the garden railroad this morning to put some maintenance work in before our weekly Saturday ops session.
Have a great day all!

Mike Hamer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
http://www.bostonandmaine.blogspot.ca
http://www.craftsmanstructures.blogspot.ca
http://modelrailroadsivisit.blogspot.ca

wvrr
Fireman

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  09:26:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit wvrr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good rainy morning from my NJ valley. I see we are into the usual hyper-weather reporting with flash floods, thunderstorms, etc. predicted.

Yesterday, I installed the skirting for the layout. It is amazing what a difference hiding all the crap underneath it makes!

I also worked on all the booklets for our convention. A lot of little adjustments due to changes in schedules. A pain in the neck. I can't wait until everything gets printed, since that means no more updates.

I might do some more work on the mine. I started to work on the steam pipes, again, when I got distracted with other things like the above. It would be nice to have that part done before the convention. After that, it is just a few small structures to build, which can wait until after the convention.

Chuck

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  2:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon all! I've finished all my KC stuff, and am sitting down and enjoying a cup of coffee. I load the car later, and tomorrow morning, and start heading south then west. I cut back on two 'show and tell' things that I didn't need to go crazy with. So whatever is, is. This is supposed to be enjoyable, and 'vacation'. Which is kind of funny when half of the time I need to look at the computer to see what day of the week it is.

It's supposed to be a bazillion degrees in KC next week. mmmm. I'll leave the sweatshirt home.

Happy Birthday to Karl's mom! Karl you be a good boy.

Have a Super day!

Jim

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 08/01/2018 :  4:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, recovery from shoulder surgery takes a long time. (A full year to 100%, a couple months to 80%). You'll be washing bottles for quite a while, I suspect.

We're back from 2 weeks in England and Scotland. It was supposed to be cool, but they had a heat wave for most of the time we were there. I did visit a couple train stores and got some goodies to bring home.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Previous Topic: Ali Alamedyís Miniature Dioramas Topic Next Topic: advice to a New laser cutter owner  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000