Railroad Line Forums - SierraWest and J.E. Morton's Brass & Iron Foundry
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 109 ]  [ Total: 110 ]  [ Newest Member: Hawghead ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 SierraWest and J.E. Morton's Brass & Iron Foundry
Previous Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Loco shed, scratchbuild Topic Next Topic: Red Bird Taxis - In O
Page: of 9

KKarns
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/01/2018 :  7:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have completed the other two strcutures that comprise the Foundry complex of attahed buildings; the Workshop and Office. Now on to planting things on the diorama base and associated details...

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2018 :  1:09:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Job! she's looking good.

It's only make-believe

time2play
Fireman

Posted - 12/02/2018 :  3:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

That looks fantastic. Nicely done...

Bob

KKarns
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  08:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Railman, slow but sure!

Appreciate that Bob, and thanks for taking the time to comment as it means a lot.

KKarns
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  08:38:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have completed the hand laid and detailed code 55 light rail track for the foundry. This track runs the length of the diorama behind the foundry and serves both the Foundry and the Pattern shop.

I hand glued simulated spike heads made from solder wire. Tedious but worth the extra effort. I wanted my track detail to appear dark and grungy looking as this track runs next to the Foundry with soot, oil, grease, etc..

Edited by - KKarns on 12/08/2018 08:39:10 AM

KKarns
Engine Wiper

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once the track was in I moved on to detailing the individual scenes starting with the Pattern Shop dock. I will post pictures of each scene that I have identified as I complete it, rather than wait until the diorama is finished.

The following pictures are of the Pattern Shop rear dock and side concrete transfer dock. The Foundry building is not staged yet to allow access to the concrete dock for detailing.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  08:48:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well done. The building and finishes all look wonderfully grungy and very appropriate for a foundry. Track also.

Everything appears well-worn but still functional.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

UKGuy
Fireman

Posted - 12/08/2018 :  7:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit UKGuy's Homepage  Send UKGuy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Your modeling never ceases to amaze me Ken.
Every aspect of your work is executed flawlessly.
The structure, the details, the trackwork, the scenery.. everything comes together beautifully.

Great work.
Karl.A

Page: of 9 Previous Topic: Loco shed, scratchbuild Topic Next Topic: Red Bird Taxis - In O  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000