Railroad Line Forums - The Tenement and others - Module #6. Finale.
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 89 ]  [ Total: 89 ]  [ Newest Member: Bigbandito ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Startin' from Scratch
 The Tenement and others - Module #6. Finale.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Dickens Victorian London Build Topic Next Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil
Page: of 70

Philip
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/30/2018 :  8:14:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Philip's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great modeling man!

Philip

sgtbob
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/31/2018 :  08:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Terrell, Great job but it is begging for whatever that next structure is going to be.

Bob

http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=30102
http://www.railroad-line.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=51837

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/31/2018 :  09:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pete, know anybody that makes O gauge Fife figures?

Thanks, Ted, Dave, Carl and Philip!!

Already working on it, Bob. More on that later.

Edited by - Terrell on 12/31/2018 09:09:13 AM

Orionvp17
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 12/31/2018 :  09:40:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Terrell

Pete, know anybody that makes O gauge Fife figures?

Nope.

But I did find an O-scale "Keep on Trucking" figure at the Scenic Express booth at a train show a couple of years ago, and where there is one, there may be others....

Good hunting! Thanks for some fabulous builds this year, too! They're inspirational!

Pete
in Michigan

<Edit>: Fred, I happened on a Bachmann O-scale police officer figure set of six today in the store. All blue uniforms, but paint will "fix" that issue.

Might be worth a look. Bachmann site is apparently "down for maintenance" right now, though....

-Pete

Edited by - Orionvp17 on 12/31/2018 3:32:21 PM

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 12/31/2018 :  3:41:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Pete.

As I have said from the beginning of this build, I am not modeling Mayberry. That being said I have decided to do a rendition of the courthouse.

I can't nest it up to the grocery building, as in the prototype, I should have accounted for that when I built the grocery. But I didn't because I wasn't expecting to build the courthouse. So now there will be a small alley between the two. Which brings up a question. I know that when you walk in the courthouse doors the jail cells are to the left on the far wall, where the grocery is. In each cell there's a small window high on the walls, looking outside. Wouldn't they be looking at a brick wall? And in one episode there appears to be a large open area outside those windows, large enough for Barney to get the patrol car back there, tie a rope to the bars in one of the windows and pull the window out, to rescue Otis because cousin Virgil had ruined the cell door keys. In the Christmas episode Old Ben Weaver is standing on some crates outside one of the windows looking into the courthouse, in an alley.

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  2:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My first project of the new year. The modest beginnings.....

I started by sketching things out on foamboard. Then cut out the openings and lined them with cardstock. This allows me to not worry about what type of glue I use later, I don't have to worry about it reacting to the foam.

Since the lower part of the center piece is a different color, material, I cut it off, planning to build it separately. But I figure the best way to do the corner pilasters is to build them in place. Not the easiest way but the best way.

And now I'm laying brick..... a ton of brick.

Edited by - Terrell on 01/02/2019 2:35:06 PM

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  4:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet!

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  4:57:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Terrell, I don't know if you've run across this site yet? But . . .

http://www.imayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/anewsome/private/mayberry_maps.htm

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 01/02/2019 4:59:14 PM

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  5:17:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Carl !!

No Frank I had not found that. Haven't really looked for anything but images. That would cut down the guess work on dimension though. But I think I'm fairly close. It does sort of explain the Mayor's office. I knew it was upstairs of the courthouse. But whenever Andy, or the Mayor, went to his office they always left by the front door.

And I wondered where the toilets were.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  6:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The drawing doesn’t fully match the exterior of the building. For one thing, the photo shows a symmetric facade, whereas the interior set is not symmetric; I think the interior set provides space for cell # 2. However the dimensions to the right of the entrance seem reasonable for your model. How close did you come?
Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

Terrell
Fireman

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  7:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right, Mike. Doesn't look like the exterior matches the interior. I'm about a scale 10' narrower, but that's in part to the fact I was trying to condense the building.

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  10:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fred,

Each new segment is better than the last ! This will be exciting to follow.

Rich

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/02/2019 :  11:01:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pair of eyes Mike'..

Looking good already Fred'......Nother beauty in the works'...

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/03/2019 :  09:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Terrell

But whenever Andy, or the Mayor, went to his office they always left by the front door.

Leaving by the front door, that's shop biz, whatever looks good for the camera. I don't quite understand the restroom along the back wall. Why would you go outside to use it?

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 01/03/2019 09:49:14 AM

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 01/03/2019 :  11:14:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank is right.

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but the courthouse floor plan is a fantasy of a Mayberry TV series fan- as stated by the author in his first few lines.....

I set out to make a blueprint of the Mayberry County Courthouse. Below is the result of my attempt

They never existed as a fully built structure- their movie/TV sets-!
Just the facades are outdoors on the studio back lot- everything else is shot in the studio.....

With absolutely no concern whether it all makes sense or not!

Page: of 70 Previous Topic: Dickens Victorian London Build Topic Next Topic: Hamlin Wizard Oil  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.5 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000