Railroad Line Forums - Dozers and Graders (Of the HO variety)
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 114 ]  [ Total: 114 ]  [ Newest Member: Mark DeSchane ]
 All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Vehicle and Non-Rail Transportation Modeling
 Dozers and Graders (Of the HO variety)
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Filthy CF straight-truck... Topic Next Topic: WW2-era civilian and military vehicles in O  

KomodoTurkey
New Hire

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  08:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Ello
Just a bit of forefoot-I'm hunting in HO Scale, and working on a diorama in HO Scale...That has no rail-lines so I don't know where to put that build. Strange addictions of a vehicular modeler.

Now...I've noticed a need for a fire dozer. The one I have is just a little out-dated. A D9 from the 50's on a 2015 fireline...Don't think that's to prototypical. Does anyone know if any manufacturer makes say a D6, a D7 or even a D8 Caterpillar Dozer? The more prototypical option is D6 and 7.

Up a bit of creek on this one. I've seen graders being used, but don't think very many departments have them.

Another odd comodity is the Skidgine. It's a skidder...With a water tank. Does anyone know where I could dig a Skidder up too? Hahahaha

Cheers Mates

desertdrover
Engineer

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  09:17:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NORSCOT Die Cast has this HO SCALE D9, and CCM Classic Construction Models has this D8. Both 1/87 scale, HO.
First Gear has an International TD-25 FIRE DOZER

KomodoTurkey
New Hire

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  09:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by desertdrover

NORSCOT Die Cast has this HO SCALE D9, and CCM Classic Construction Models has this D8. Both 1/87 scale, HO.
First Gear has an International TD-25 FIRE DOZER

Yeah, I've seen those. The thing with the Norscot D9 is it's a little big. It's kind of a rarity to see outside of a large fire, and in FS hands. Only pictures I could find of a D9 fire dozer was in CalFire paint.

CCM's just so darned expensive, and they're limited.
I've got a yellow first gear dozer, it's just a little weird/old looking.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. And if you do fix it, keep it simple, stupid.

Previous Topic: Filthy CF straight-truck... Topic Next Topic: WW2-era civilian and military vehicles in O  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000