Railroad Line Forums - J.E. Morton's Brass and Iron Foundry
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 3 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 100 ]  [ Total: 103 ]  [ Newest Member: bmontgo ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Mike Chambers' Craftsman's Corner
 J.E. Morton's Brass and Iron Foundry
Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating Topic Next Topic: Waterfront  Building
Page: of 2

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  10:45:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received an email from Sierra West that the J.E. Morton's Brass and Iron Foundry is ready to order. It really looks super cool, and I know this is said about each of his kits, but I think it is one of his best so far.

Not pushing sales here, just sending a notification. But I just placed an order.
Tony Burgess
Exploring the unknown requires tolerating uncertainty.~ Brian Greene

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  11:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Tony, I appreciate your support over the years very much! I really enjoyed working on the foundry and learning about the process and equipment. I will be making the foundry public on my website Monday, right now it is available to view and order for those who reserved it!

Brett

KKarns
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  12:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys...this is an amazing looking kit. The back story is just incredibly detailed and prototypically accurate. I'm drooling over the images and modeling potential here...can't wait to get at this one...well done Brett!

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  12:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KKarns

Guys...this is an amazing looking kit. The back story is just incredibly detailed and prototypically accurate. I'm drooling over the images and modeling potential here...can't wait to get at this one...well done Brett!

I was thinking of you, Ken, when I placed my order. To be honest, I can't wait to see what you can do with this model. Your modeling skill is really fantastic.

Tony Burgess

KKarns
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  12:47:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice of you to say that Tony and appreciate it. Right...I was struck by the comprehensive prototypical workflow descriptions and the associated details with many that are totally new and specific to this kit. You can't read through those descriptions and view those images without getting your modeling mojo going that's for sure! Price is great for what you are getting...looking forward to seeing what you do with it as well Tony, with your attention to details this one should be to your liking as well!

Pennman
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  3:57:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello folk's,

After reading the above comments on this newest kit by Brett, I reserved one and just bought one, too! I can't wait to get it in hand!

Rich

Nelson458
Fireman

Posted - 04/07/2018 :  9:01:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nelson458's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ken. Maybe we three, Rich included, can do it all together, see where it goes, just a thought.

Tony Burgess

kebmo
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  07:51:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit kebmo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
can the O scale version be too far behind?

if you don't know where you're going any road will get you there.

David J Buchholz
Crew Chief

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  11:16:48 AM  Show Profile  Send David J Buchholz an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone post up some pics, so we all can see what kit you are referring to?

Home of the North Coast Railroad.

deemery
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  11:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sigh, the rest of us will have to wait until tomorrow and the Great Unveiling on the Sierra West website.

dave

Modeling 1890s (because the voices in my head told me to)

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  12:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deemery

Sigh, the rest of us will have to wait until tomorrow and the Great Unveiling on the Sierra West website.

dave

Itís like some secret society thatís not so secret.

Looks and sounds like a great kit.

Mike

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  12:52:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No secret at all. If you reserved the kit you get a couple days to preview and order it before I open it up. Just a simple way to thank my customers for their support. It will be available for all to check out tomorrow morning. This is the way I have offered new kits for sale for many years now!

Brett

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  2:12:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Brett,

All meant in fun. Actually, Iíve enjoyed the anticipation; tantalizing, especially after seeing the drawing on your website.

And I agree that loyalty should be rewarded.

Mike.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Nobody living can ever stop me, as I go walking that freedom highway -- Woody Guthrie

sierrawest
Engine Wiper

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  2:34:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit sierrawest's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks Mike, I knew you were just joking around! Now I need to develop a super secret new kit handshake...

Brett

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/08/2018 :  2:44:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sierrawest
[br Now I need to develop a super secret new kit handshake...

Brett

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Edited by - TRAINS1941 on 04/08/2018 2:45:45 PM

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 04/09/2018 :  11:23:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You must go to Brett's web site.

It has to be the most exceptional kit he's ever produced.

The pictures say it all!!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: o scale swsm oneills fabricating Topic Next Topic: Waterfront  Building  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.39 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000