Railroad Line Forums - Corps of Canadian Railway Troops Europe 1918
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 2 | Anonymous Members: 1 | Guests: 177 ]  [ Total: 180 ]  [ Newest Member: motors ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 The On30 Line
 Corps of Canadian Railway Troops Europe 1918
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: Why not comment and post?
Page: of 51

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  2:04:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bill,

Since it is a graphic file the resolution doesn't make as much difference as it would with a photo, but I can set the resolution to whatever I want and resample (the master version is not a JPEG). I am not a fan of the blurring effect, but I also know the printed version will not be as sharp at the digital version either. An since it is such a big file to print, I really wouldn't want to try something so drastic and not know if it would work in printed media.

Thanks for the input Frank, and I agree with you.

Take care,
Rob.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  6:41:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob,
Everything you did far exceeded my expectations of where this project will go. You need to make sure you sign this masterpiece before it is sent off to the printer.
As I have said many times, this project would be no where without the help I am getting from around the world. Thank you so much.

robert goslin
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/20/2020 :  9:26:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really excellent work Rob. Larry already had a masterpiece with this layout, but your fabulous backdrop, will just add to it even more.
Well done team.

Regards Rob

Despite the cost of living, It's still popular

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  09:12:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

"Lest We Forget" should be "Commit This to Memory". Because we seem to forget this lesson every day.

Frank

Larryc
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/21/2020 :  5:36:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob that backdrop is beyond amazing! Fantastic work; that will make Larry's awesome work really pop. I can see why that he so pleased with your efforts.

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  05:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Larry! Well the project is back in your hands now and the backdrop is on the way to the printers ... I can't wait to see how it turns out.

ROB: Thanks for the kind words ... it was my first attempt at doing this ... and I am thankful that Larry had enough faith in me to give it a hook.

FRANK: You're are quite right that we have to keep the memory of their sacrifices alive.

LARRYC: Thanks for the kind words ... I was more than happy to contribute to the outstanding work and countless hours that Larry has already put into this project.

Take care,
Rob.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  08:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rob that is an amazing backdrop!! So well done!

Jerry

"And in the end, its not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  10:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Backdrop is excellent and will be a great addition to the layout.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  11:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Rob,

I have placed the print order with fellow ON30 modeler Joey Ricard
tracksidescenery@gmail.com
He has reviewed the files and thinks I am good to go.
Can't wait to test them out.

As an update I placed an order for black foam core to start to create the blown up town.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/22/2020 :  8:23:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I wait for other supplies, my transport cases are here. I can fit two levels of locomotives in a case. Looks like 16 - 20 critters in one case which should be all I need for a show. Eleven critters will in the bottom level.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  10:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Larry looks like you've solved the transportation dilemma, so it's "Case Closed".

Black foam core - do you have a Dollar Tree or other type dollar store near you? I get mine there for $1 a sheet.

Frank

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 07/23/2020 10:33:18 AM

brucet
Engine Wiper

Posted - 07/23/2020 :  11:49:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used some of that grey/black foam some years back. It went hard and began to breakup. So be careful with what foam you use.

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  05:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jerry & Rick: Thanks for the kind word ... much appreciated!

Larry: Great news about the backdrop ... I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

BigLars
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  3:50:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that I know what my backdrop looks like I need to get back to creating models.

I have enough vehicles and details to finish all but the town scene. Time to try and see if I can build some war damage.

Here is the start of the town church. Foam core board with Foggy Mountain wall paper stone wall and some windows I had in the scrap box. I think I will be able to empty out all my scrap boxes filling the model with rubble.

Edited by - BigLars on 07/25/2020 3:52:07 PM

robchant
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 07/25/2020 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry,

Just a thought ... when you're making the rubble would you be better off carving foam to shape then gluing on a layer of very coarse O-scale ballast and crushed plaster? You could even poke some steel shapes and timbers in the foam before applying the coat of ballast/plaster.

Take care,
Rob.

Page: of 51 Previous Topic: Family Farm Topic Next Topic: Why not comment and post?  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-2020 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.53 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000