Railroad Line Forums - FRIDAY MORNING LOUNGE
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 82 ]  [ Total: 83 ]  [ Newest Member: bmontgo ]
 All Forums
 General Forums
 The Crew Lounge
 FRIDAY MORNING LOUNGE
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Saturday Lounge Topic Next Topic: First, the good news...  

potsy
Engine Wiper

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  07:47:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Crew,
Coffee is rail bender blend hot water for Walt My Decaf is ready also Pancakes and Canadian bacon with Maple syrup fresh organic fruit and assortment of donuts on the counter. My wife and I are going to Columbus today the Daughter and SIL are taking us out to dinner and a show. It was our Christmas present. No train yard today.

Enjoy your day
Mark

Dutchman
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  08:26:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Mark and the rest of the crew. It is 33 degrees and cloudy now in the Jersey Highlands. Some drizzle is on the way.

Mark, enjoy your dinner & show!

More sorting thru 43 years of accumulated "stuff" today. This will go on for the next few months it seems. Time to go thru the collection of math books and weed them down to one each of Calculus and Statistics, plus any that are signed by the author.

Later this afternoon I will put the finishing touches on a new clinic will will give on March 3rd at our division's Winter Event.

Have a great day!

Bruce

Modeling the railroads of the Jersey Highlands in HO and the logging railroads of Pennsylvania in HOn3

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  09:03:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rain and ugly in Michigan, the radar indicates there may be an ice element thrown in to the North up toward Pete. It looks like the water has receded some here on our property, quite a bit in fact. News, tho, is reporting a damn failed a bit West of us and lots of widespread high water issues still in the area.

I did some scenery yesterday while the Doll was gone. Evening plans were dashed, tho, as often is the case. Maybe a bit today.

Bruce, it seems that all that fancy math book collection is boiling down to subtraction. You could place all my mathematic ability into a thimble. Pretty much limited by fingers and toes...and I prefer to keep them covered in the winter. I admire those with the ability.

Everyone have a good day.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

tloc
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  09:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning Crew, Mark thanks for opening. Not sure what the weather will be in Central Wisconsin but my wife will pick me up at 11:30 and head home. So. Wisconsin is 34 now but rain snow mix later today. We intend to beat the weather home.

Looking forward to my grand kids and trains until Tuesday when I have to come back here.

Enjoy your day
TomO

MarkF
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  09:41:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew and thanks for opening up Mark.

It's another chilly rainy day here in southern NJ. The warm temps we enjoyed earlier this week are long gone and it's back to the colder wet winter weather.

Today will be another busy work day. I have a closing later on today, then get ready for an open house I'm doing on Sunday. Then the Friday night op session tonight, so no time in the basement today.

Have a great day!

Mark

BurleyJim
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  10:40:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning crew! Mark, thanks for opening and the fine breakfast choice. Glad to see you recovered the Keurig machine that you stashed away. If I did it, I wouldn't have remembered where I hid it.

The rain continues here, we're 3+ inches above normal for February and still have 5 days to go, with forecasts of more rain. Later, I will drive through the 'pond' in front to get out to the road. We have a moat around the house. The loss of 49 Ash trees that were 80 years old around the property has certainly effected the run off that we get. The replacement trees are getting a lot of water, and hopefully can handle it.

I worked on the C.R.M. Truss Reefer last night. Without the actual plans, and parts shortage, I've been relying on Google Images and the 3D printer to make what I need to keep going on it. Another 'Scratchprint'! .

Karl sure has a way of assessing situations....subtraction!

Have a Super day!

Jim

George D

Premium Member

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  11:41:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning, Mark and crew. It's a misty morning in Tidewater Virginia. I've been to Costco and it looks like things are drying out, so Pat and I re going for a walk.

Bruce, I don't envy you going through all your accumulated stuff. When I was on active duty we moved a lot and never had the opportunity to accumulate much beyond what we used on a regular basis. Now, I have junk treasures that we need to take a serious look at.

Have a good day.
George

k9wrangler
Engineer

Posted - 02/23/2018 :  3:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurleyJim

Karl sure has a way of assessing situations....subtraction!

Life all boils down to what you take away from it...subtraction.

Stand UP for AMERICA!!

Karl Scribner
Kentucky Southern Railway
Sunfield Township Michigan

Previous Topic: Saturday Lounge Topic Next Topic: First, the good news...  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-17 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000