Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 5 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 130 ]  [ Total: 135 ]  [ Newest Member: C430 ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Operation Dark Winter - HO scale micro layout Topic Next Topic: On30 Sugar Cane Hauler in 1920s Haiti
Page: of 54

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2019 :  10:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ted, there won’t be that quality of junk all over the place. Most will be “mock” junk.

Rick, boy I hear ya’.

Mike like I said to Ted this is the quality stuff. Dave spent hours on the concrete mixer, so this is a limited run.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2019 :  10:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That’s some high quality junk indeed. I like the rust effects in particular.

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 02/03/2019 10:13:32 AM

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/03/2019 :  2:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mike, Dave used Rust Effects from AK on the mixer.

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  7:54:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You have probably seen Frank's heavily rebuilt critter locomotive on its own forum thread, but here is a video of Frank's model running with the reversing unit. This is a thing of GREAT beauty!

[url][https://youtu.be/gJgOsfP9jks/url]

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  09:11:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's running a little fast here because we were testing the start up voltage. You have to admit those Kato mechanisms do run nice.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  12:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Frank Palmer

It's running a little fast here because we were testing the start up voltage. You have to admit those Kato mechanisms do run nice.

I thought you had a "Fast Clock".

The scene does really look great and the little critter does run well.

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  1:32:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
t's great detail in a nicely done scene.

It's only make-believe

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  1:32:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, please just reread everyone else's comments.
They express my feelings about your new critter.

As you think, so will you be.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  6:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Jerry no all clocks are EST.

Thanks Bob.

Rick, I totally get it and thanks .

Here’s a couple of shots of the junk yard as Dave and I added more junk. It’s weird we call it junk but it takes hours to create each piece of junk.

A couple more cars.

An HO scale gon repurposed as a yard hauler.

Dave’s fence and signs.

The tire pile around Dave’s “Jersey Barrier group”. Oh the white stuff around the scene is 50/50 white glue and water. We’re having a tough time getting it to dry today, it’s raining outside.

The designated junk yard gondola being spotted.

So much more junk (to add) and so little time. We’ve covered less than half the area.

slimrails

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  6:34:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit slimrails's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just "Wow!", Frank. The whole junkyard scene looks terrific and the critter fits right in. I like the smaller gon the critter is pushing, too.

Michael Hohn
Fireman

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  6:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Hohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is not just junk, it’s Junque.

Edited by - Michael Hohn on 02/13/2019 6:53:22 PM

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  8:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is right Frank'. The "DEVIL" is in the details'. The random white wall tires add that touch of realism that would be seen in the real thing. The critter, crane, carry all bring everything together'.. As always, OUTSTANDING modeling and work from you and your crew'..

Ted

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 02/13/2019 :  9:03:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here are few more shots I took today of the scrapyard and Hopes Salvage. We are making good progress on this area.

Jim

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  12:29:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys are just unbelievable!!

Jerry

"And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

brownbr
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  06:42:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very detailed project. I love it.

Bryan

Page: of 54 Previous Topic: Operation Dark Winter - HO scale micro layout Topic Next Topic: On30 Sugar Cane Hauler in 1920s Haiti  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000