Railroad Line Forums - O-Scale Switching Layout
Railroad Line Forums
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?
  Home   Forums   Events Calendar   Sponsors   Support the RRLine   Guestbook   FAQ     Register
Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics
Photo Album | File Lister | File Library
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 54 ]  [ Total: 54 ]  [ Newest Member: Marty J ]
 All Forums
 Model Railroad Forums
 Micro & Mini Layouts
 O-Scale Switching Layout
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Author Previous Topic: Original Kittom Lumber Company. Volume II Topic Next Topic: The Depot (at Carendt)
Page: of 53

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  1:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, guys, for your comments. I hadn't thought about "modeling in 4D" but I like that concept!

Rich, I was wrong about Dead Flat being a Krylon product. It actually a Rust-Oleum product in a spray can I found at Lowe's. Here's a picture of the can. Just be careful to do a light spray on the model. While these Rust-Oleum sprayers are convenient, they can put too much product on quickly.

Jim

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  3:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice weathering. Looks nice and dirty and not loved. Just like a diesel should.

It's only make-believe

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 01/28/2019 :  6:27:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jim, I've had the same problem with Rustoleum spray cans that have a wider nozzle like this style. Some of them spit and spray blotches of paint even after gently heated in warm water. Some continue to spray paint when the can is upside down and I'm trying to clear the nozzle after painting.

I hadn't tried any of the cans with the handle/nozzle design you posted.Sounds like they put out a thick spray too.

Tampa Jim
Section Hand

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  09:17:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Tampa Jim's Homepage  Send Tampa Jim an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is an O scale Shapeways dumpster that Dave ordered. The finish on this particular piece is a little course, but several coats of acrylic paint, some printed signage based on prototype photos (also shown here), pan pastels, and some experimentation with a coffee grinder with a combination of plastic trash bag material, ground cardboard, some broken boards, and ground plastic from a piece Dave melted on the vacuform helped it look more like the real thing. I found the Ohio Valley Waste Service sign and decided to use that vs. BFI given the locale and the 70s era. Too much fun!

Jim

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  1:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gill

Jim, I've had the same problem with Rustoleum spray cans that have a wider nozzle like this style. Some of them spit and spray blotches of paint even after gently heated in warm water. Some continue to spray paint when the can is upside down and I'm trying to clear the nozzle after painting.

Guys there is a simple fix for this. I emailed Rust-Oleum and complained about the nozzles and a very nice lady sent me a dozen new nozzles.

Edited by - Frank Palmer on 01/29/2019 1:52:32 PM

Bill Gill
Fireman

Posted - 01/29/2019 :  8:58:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same kind of nozzle, Frank, or a different design?

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 01/30/2019 :  09:34:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dese is dem.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  3:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Let the junk begin. This is a baby step towards a junk yard full.

TRAINS1941
Engineer

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  4:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess the sign says it all!!!

Jerry

"And in the end, itís not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

railman28
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  5:50:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't that how all junk piles start, with a little? but, nice looking junk.

Bob

It's only make-believe

Carl B
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  6:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carl B's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Most adequate.

Frank Palmer
Fireman

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  7:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Frank Palmer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave is so subtle isnít he Jerry.

I guess youíre right Bob.

Carl, hopefully this pile will grow in the NEAR future and not the distant future.

quartergauger48
Fireman

Premium Member

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  8:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frank, Now that sure is a very nice looking pile of junk'..

Ted

Rick
Administrator

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2019 :  06:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If we had that sign at every station my trains would be almost empty on the weekends.

As you think, so will you be.

Tyson Rayles

Premium Member

Posted - 02/03/2019 :  06:58:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking junk!

Page: of 53 Previous Topic: Original Kittom Lumber Company. Volume II Topic Next Topic: The Depot (at Carendt)  
 New Topic |   New Poll New Poll |   Reply to Topic | 
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Railroad Line Forums © 2000-19 Railroad Line Co. Go To Top Of Page
Steam was generated in 0.8 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000